Dust46

Looking For An Impact Turn Master File

I am normally never the one to say this as I am a large supporter of evidence trading. Looking for impact turns is trying to get some cards to expand your file/start a new one. Wanting it to be block out for you is just pure laziness. When you trade here you have to understand something you are getting a file most likely not cut by the person handing it to you. The blocks could be from the poverty topic. You then being the badass you are go into the round and think I'm all blocked out I'm good. You then mindlessly read blocks on impact turns you don't understand. Everyone will know you are just reading off your computer you will fail. Why? Because you wont clash with what they are saying and just read the block. It is fine to look for evidence to expand or start files not to rely on and only use.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

I am normally never the one to say this as I am a large supporter of evidence trading. Looking for impact turns is trying to get some cards to expand your file/start a new one. Wanting it to be block out for you is just pure laziness. When you trade here you have to understand something you are getting a file most likely not cut by the person handing it to you. The blocks could be from the poverty topic. You then being the badass you are go into the round and think I'm all blocked out I'm good. You then mindlessly read blocks on impact turns you don't understand. Everyone will know you are just reading off your computer you will fail. Why? Because you wont clash with what they are saying and just read the block. It is fine to look for evidence to expand or start files not to rely on and only use.

No, dude just wants an impact file. It would take foreverto cut, it doesn't matter when the blocks are from, its an impact turn...

• Upvote 4

Um

1. Some people don't have the time/coaches/teammates to help block everything out for them. It's not laziness, it's efficiency.

2. I'm sure anyone trading for a blocked-out file would have the sense to look through the blocks first.

No, dude just wants an impact file. It would take foreverto cut, it doesn't matter when the blocks are from, its an impact turn...

Yup. Most impact turn files I've seen are specific to impact scenarios, not affs. And by "blocked out," Dust46 probably just means a file with answers to common responses and/or extensions... None of that is specific to an aff or a topic. In fact I'd be really impressed if you had an impact turns file blocked out specifically to a certain topic, and then I'd be curious as to how you found the time.

But Carvar does have a good point: keep in mind that just reading the blocks won't be enough. You have to contextualize what you're reading to what the aff says, but of course that'll probably be mostly analytics.

• Upvote 4

Thanks Facade2525 and Carvar for the input. Our school just created a Policy team  and we don't really have a coach so yeah it would be awesome if anyone was willing to trade. 

I would want this as well! edit: Lot's to trade. PM me.

I have a massive, a MASSIVE impact defense file with blocks to over 70 advantages that my partner and I cut, ranging from naval power to ocean acidification to even all the specific war scenarios - just everything any team can run. It took us months to make it. what do you have for trade?

I know that I (at least) am looking for an Impact Turns file, not an Impact Defense file. I will, however, pm you to see what you have.