dstarfan@aol.com

Colleyville Results

Through 4 rounds-

BVW BY 4-0

BVW MN 3-1

BVSW LS (I believe they were 3-0 going into 4th, might have been 2-1, not sure how their 4th round went)

BVN EJ 2-1 going into 4th round

ON MP 3-1

Campus ?? ?

Emporia HS 2-1 going into 4th

Wichita East 1-2 going into 4th

Update:

BVW BY 4-0

BVW MN 3-1

BVN EJ 3-1

ON MP 3-1

WaRu CR 3-1

BVSW LS 2-2

Emporia HS 2-2

Wichita East JK 2-2

Campus WY 1-3

Are they going to go to the TOC then? I know it's outside of the 500 miles range, but I remember there is some exception that people used to use. Just curious.

Are they going to go to the TOC then? I know it's outside of the 500 miles range, but I remember there is some exception that people used to use. Just curious.

Yes, we are planning on going. My understanding is that the issue was Kansas would let you go as independents, but the TOC would not accept you as independents. This year, however, we received approval from the TOC to go as independents, and are therefore able to go. We obviously won't be associated with BVW, though. 

• Upvote 8

Yes, we are planning on going. My understanding is that the issue was Kansas would let you go as independents, but the TOC would not accept you as independents. This year, however, we received approval from the TOC to go as independents, and are therefore able to go. We obviously won't be associated with BVW, though. 

That's good to hear.  Best of luck. 

It needs to be said that you guys put up arguably the greatest season ever by a KS team. Congratulations on all your success. 

• Upvote 5

Congratulations on an amazing season.  I know that if you all get the opportunity, you will not take it for granted.  Best of luck. 

• Upvote 4

Kansas will be well represented at the TOC.

• Upvote 1

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I have been an adamant supporter for Kansas to be at the TOC for some 6 years now.  I am so happy to hear you will be able to attend!  You are doing a service for the whole country to prove this state has ample nationally competitive debaters.  I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you set a precedent for many more to attend after you. 

• Upvote 7

I should have posted this earlier but things have been busy and it has just slipped my mind. Unfortunately, Spencer and I will be unable to attend the TOC because it is the same date as my sister's wedding. As frustrating as this situation is for us, I feel confident that putting family before debate is the best decision. Thank you everyone for the support throughout the season.

• Upvote 5