LSDebater

Pic For Oil Disad?

If the plan links to oil, you'll probably not find a plan-inclusive counterplan that doesn't link. The best you might look for is perhaps doing the plan with an alternative technology that doesn't use oil?

The problem is, the oil disad that I run is the Russia scenario, so it stems off of decreased us oil dependence. So I have to make it so that the pic solves for the aff AND doesn't trigger the oil scenario. I've been thinking of maybe a phase-out cp to lessen the shock. But the idea is kind of meh and I was hoping that other people might have better ideas.

The problem is, the oil disad that I run is the Russia scenario, so it stems off of decreased us oil dependence. So I have to make it so that the pic solves for the aff AND doesn't trigger the oil scenario. I've been thinking of maybe a phase-out cp to lessen the shock. But the idea is kind of meh and I was hoping that other people might have better ideas.

Phase out sounds good, an advantage cp in conjuction would work. USFG should begin requiring more fuel effecient cars over the next 5 years or w/e.

Also, as someone who runs the same scenario, if they have an oil advantage I just use it as a turn with ux, i/l, and impact, works well.