Sign in to follow this  
X Spike

Looking For A Coach?

Are you looking for a coach who can provide unique research skills, dedication, and one-on-one work with debaters? Are you looking for someone who can be available at all times of the day to work on argument development and technique? Someone who could fulfill a judging requirement and provide coaching and updates at the tournament?

Then maybe I'm the guy you're looking for.

My name is Chris Leonardi, and I debate for the University of Oklahoma. I've been in the activity for 6 years now, and have accomplished a decent amount in the time I've been debating. In my first year of college debate my partner, RJ Giglio, and I were ranked in the top 5 of the coaches poll for most of the fall season and were in the deep elims of Harvard (Quarters), Wake (Semifinals), Texas (Quarters), North Texas (finals and victory) and the CEDA national championship, which we won (Oklahoma's 5th such title in the last 7 years). In this most recent season I have begun debating with a new partner, but have maintained relative success in the national circuit, starting the season with two straight wins at the UMKC and UNLV tournaments, where I was top speaker and 4th speaker respectively, and have made it to the octofinals of all other major tournaments I have attended so far (Harvard, Wake, USC and Fullerton), receiving varying speaker awards at all of them.

While I am still young and learning, I also aim to inspire younger debaters and to pass as much knowledge as possible down to younger students who have the same love for this activity that I have. I have 2 years of experience coaching high school debate so far, having worked with teams mostly on an individual, contractual basis. But now I would like to try to find a home with a high school program and settle down as I move into my last 3.5 years of college debate. If you think that you could use a coach who could provide card cutting, argument coaching and judging skills for your squad, I'd love to hear from you.

I can be reached at: chris.m.leonardi@gmail.com

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by X Spike
  • Upvote 3

I can vouch - Chris is an excellent debater and all around nice guy. He's knowledgeable about all parts of the debate spectrum and any team would be lucky (and successful) for having him.

• Upvote 1

i cannot vouch, chris is a terrible debater and person and no one should ever consider giving him money for competitive success

(jk everyone give him ur money he iz gr8)

• Upvote 1