Sign in to follow this  
dkim

Ddi

I was thinking of going to ddi this summer, but heard from my coach that ddi was changing significantly from previous years. Could anyone give me some more info/details on how it will change from previous years and what that would mean for students attending?

The DDI this summer should be very similar to the DDI that has been around for 30 years now. One primary adjustment is that there will be additional time and focus spent on strategy, skills and technique with more early and structured skills practice with immediate feedback. The changes should mean little for students interested in attending, other than they should expect to get more time spent working with lab leaders on skills and getting personalized feedback.

For more information see

www.ddidebate.org/

or

www.facebook.com/dartmouthdebateinstitute.

Larger changes have been made to the DDW (now, DDIx) which will be a one week program. There will still be a Senior Assistants program.

More information on DDIx is available here:

http://www.ddidebate.org/aboutddiandddix/

• Upvote 3

The DDI this summer should be very similar to the DDI that has been around for 30 years now. One primary adjustment is that there will be additional time and focus spent on strategy, skills and technique with more early and structured skills practice with immediate feedback. The changes should mean little for students interested in attending, other than they should expect to get more time spent working with lab leaders on skills and getting personalized feedback.

For more information see

www.ddidebate.org/

or

www.facebook.com/dartmouthdebateinstitute.

Larger changes have been made to the DDW (now, DDIx) which will be a one week program. There will still be a Senior Assistants program.

More information on DDIx is available here:

http://www.ddidebate...boutddiandddix/

What Josh said.

Also, you can also email some of the staff directly.

Since the whole staff is involved in deciding the curriculum, we all have a pretty good idea of the improvements for this summer.

I'm confident that they're all improvements. All of the sweet stuff about the DDI, such as an elective structure, great labs, carefully designed camp tournament, etc. are still in place. There will be some shift in emphasis from research to practice to ensure that students spend all their time getting better at debate.

Feel free to email me with further questions. I'm just a lab leader, but I do write a lot of words.

antonucci23@gmail.com

• Upvote 2