Hartman

Spreading Is Getting Bashed On R/cringe :(

They were bashing it on another post, too, one about some chick that was trying to rap fast. Top comment was a link to a debate round on Youtube.

Ah, yes. I remember reading that thread as well. Seemed a little less hostile than the one I linked to. :x

• Upvote 1

I debate with Nathan, the 2N from OPRF. He good. He real good. Youngest college debate of all time, I believe. At only 16 years old (started young + skipped a grade in some jewish private school) he is not only debating in college, he is on one of the top teams in the country. Bless his heart.

• Upvote 6

WHAT!!!! HE'S 16 :o

DID HE GET INTO HARVARD WITH YOU?

I saw Nathan first hand in a practice debate once. First, he acts like a typical 16-year-old in CX and prep which is hilarious. Second, his speeches are...oh god...so good. It hurt to debate him, knowing he is the same age as me and so so so so much better.

• Upvote 3

WHAT!!!! HE'S 16 :o

DID HE GET INTO HARVARD WITH YOU?

We go to Trinity University in San Antonio - he is even wearing the official Trinity Debate shirt in the video.

I saw Nathan first hand in a practice debate once. First, he acts like a typical 16-year-old in CX and prep which is hilarious. Second, his speeches are...oh god...so good. It hurt to debate him, knowing he is the same age as me and so so so so much better.

Laughing out loud. You may have gotten wrecked in that debate, but it only goes to show how good you could be (and WILL be) with enough practice. It doesn't hurt to have my breathing down your neck and mumbling obscenities the entire time you're debating - something about motivation and "instant review" or whatever.

• Upvote 1

I just hate people who double-breathe without actually being fast. In general I don't see the advantage of it.

Not sure this describes Zach Burdette (assunming you're referencing him - he speaks first in the video)...

Not sure this describes Zach Burdette (assunming you're referencing him - he speaks first in the video)...

No, just a general observation about spreading.

nothing better than a squeaker  2nr!

i wish i was as good when i was 16

Edited by Brian D. Gonzaba
  • Upvote 1