CaptainWilderson

Round 542: Rawrcat (Aff) V Piemanrulezu (Neg)

I'll judge

I'm basically tabula rasa

Case- I love good case debates

Kritiks- I understand most of them, but i like good explanation and case specific links

Da's- I don't think anyones adverse to these...

Procedurals/T: I'll vote on it as long as theres a clear abuse story

If you wanna make it three judges, and would be honored! I don't have any preferences, but I usually default to reasonability on T debates (default is the key word).

Abuse over potential abuse

And that is all

Cool, so overall

Where does the funding from the plan come from? Deficit spending or increased taxes?

When you say "deep water port and port dredging", do you mean you make new ports?

Trade:

How much does your plan increase net exports by?

How does your plan solve the trade deficit?

If the U.S. has had its trade deficit grow exponentially in the past four years, why hasn't your protectionism impact been triggered?

Navy:

What is the brink on the maritime internal?

Where is the warrant in your petry card that mentions the collapse of the steel industry?

When has their ever been a nuclear terror attack?

Where do terrorists acquire nuclear devices?

Meth:

Do you claim to increase methane drilling?

Does the tech exist to replace fossil fuels with methane?

If a mass-extinction happened thousands of years ago as indicated by your boswell and dirite evidence, then why are anthropocentric emissions key as indicated by tickell?

Cool, so overal

Where does the funding from the plan come from? Deficit spending or increased taxe

Deficit capital spending

When you say "deep water port and port dredging", do you mean you make new ports?

No, just deepen existing harbors and ports-the deal in Alaska is that there are already ports but haven't been deepened yet

Trade:

How much does your plan increase net exports?

there's no set number like "we solve for x many exports" but our Nagle ev says port dredging is important because 99% of US commerce including exports goes through ports that will be affected by the Panamax expansion meaning we probably increase net exports by a lot.

How does your plan solve the trade deficit?

Post panamax, we'll have to import a lot more than export because we can't haul in huge ships meaning there will be an import shortage- the plan allows the US to not only increase these imports, but also increase exports by giving us the large ship container capacity.

If the U.S. has had its trade deficit grow exponentially in the past four years, why hasn't your protectionism impact been triggered

We're on the brink now, and post-2014 when panama canal does expand, our trade deficit will go boom. so even if its been steadily growing, in 2014 it will flatline and exponentially decrease.

Navy:

What is the brink on the maritime internal?

Again, post 2014 is when we'll see a collapse because the maritime industry is supported by adequate ports.

Where is the warrant in your petry card that mentions the collapse of the steel industry?

First sentence talks specifically about how lack of FEDERAL money has resulted in a collapse in steel industry port-wise.

When has their ever been a nuclear terror attack?

Never, but there will be and Navy is iimportant to prevent the risk. There hasn't been because the Navy hasn't had port issues and has been able to deter.

Where do terrorists acquire nuclear devices?

Government sponsorship, rogue groups, self-development (see Ironman 1), stealing, etc.

Meth:

Do you claim to increase methane drilling?

Yes

Does the tech exist to replace fossil fuels with methanec

It's not the hydrate itself that provides fuel but the natural gas (LNG, Carbon, etc) inside the hydrates that we can release, which have been proven to work.

If a mass-extinction happened thousands of years ago as indicated by your boswell and dirite evidence, then why are anthropocentric emissions key as indicated by tickell?

The mass extinction scenario isn't based on GG emissions, but instead that we can prevent GG emissions through using methane hydrates as a sustainable way to gain new forms of natural gases. Also, our evidence cites GG emissions as the current system of ur atmosphere. If methane burp were to occur, it would accelerate our current atmosphere to runaway warming and ocean acidification.

CX

Spending -

The US passed a bill in July mandating 60 billion dollars every year for the next few years (MAP 21) in transportation infrastructure- why didn't that trigger impact?

Does Zandi evidence take recent spending/ programs/ data into account?

Where does any of your evidence on Spending say ports?

P3s CP:

Your solvency ev says "Georgia needs to pursue a public-private partnership deal that can move the project forward right now and benefit everyone in the region." Why is Georgia indicative of potential success all across the country?

Absurdity :

How does doing nothing solve for Navy, Trade, or Methane drilling?

Isaac 89 says "Ideology today is concerned only with the denial of other human beings, who alone bear the responsibility of deceit. It is then that we kill". This is kritiking how we are in love with death/killing others. When I endorse saving others lives with my 1AC impacts, how does my 1aC link?

What is the Existential Predicament and Existential Malaise the Park 6 evidence talks about?

How does the alt achieve the Existential Freedom Park 6 talks about?

How does the alt achieve that Authentic Existence Park 6 talks about?

Park 6 says "We cannot explain this deep change." How can the Alt solve if there's no certainty in the absurdity of the world?

What's the role of the ballot?

Status of the Counterplan and Kritik?

What's the exact Alternative Text?

Trade:

Where does Hines 12 even mention protectionism?

Nash-Hoff 11 says the reason we have lost "over 5.5 million manufacturing jobs, nearly 50,000 manufacturing companies, and racked up an annual trade deficit with China of $273 million in 2010" is because of "escalating trade deficits." If trade deficit decline is inevitable, why is the plan a bad idea?

Navy:

Does Farley 7 take into account recent developments by China and Russia?

Where deos Kaltenstein 10 even mention the maritime industry?

Even if Goure 10 is correct, shouldn't the US take every step possible to protect it's people?

Methane:

Seeking Alpha 12 says "national security policy may be subject to a change in emphasis" Doesn't that still mean oil dependence will hurt our national security?

What are the qualifications of the Seeking Alpha 12?

CX

Spending -

The US passed a bill in July mandating 60 billion dollars every year for the next few years (MAP 21) in transportation infrastructure- why didn't that trigger impact?

- The bill was just authorization of allocation of funding. It did not deficit spend in any way

Does Zandi evidence take recent spending/ programs/ data into account?

-Yes, but if it becomes an issue we'll bring up more evidence in the 2nc

Where does any of your evidence on Spending say ports?

-Our evidence is about infrastructure and spending

P3s CP:

Your solvency ev says "Georgia needs to pursue a public-private partnership deal that can move the project forward right now and benefit everyone in the region." Why is Georgia indicative of potential success all across the country?

-Because of the success of the port if savannah

Absurdity :

How does doing nothing solve for Navy, Trade, or Methane drilling?

-because the denial of the absurd leads to justification of a totalitarian order. This means that we purposely go to war and destroy the environment in the name of survival and order.

Isaac 89 says "Ideology today is concerned only with the denial of other human beings, who alone bear the responsibility of deceit. It is then that we kill". This is kritiking how we are in love with death/killing others. When I endorse saving others lives with my 1AC impacts, how does my 1aC link?

-Your evidence is about saving the self not saving the other. Consider your navy advantage- you're forced to murder terrorists in the name of saving your people. You don't try to help the people you label as terrorists. Secondly you reinforce the ideas of institution (Namely state and economics).

What is the Existential Predicament and Existential Malaise the Park 6 evidence talks about?

-Ontological questions. Meaning and shit. The questions are suppressed because of our acceptance of an overpowering order

How does the alt achieve the Existential Freedom Park 6 talks about?

-Our fundamental absurdity is disclosed when the mad rush called "life†pauses, when our eyes pierce thru the fog of busyness

How does the alt achieve that Authentic Existence Park 6 talks about?

-Same as previous question

Park 6 says "We cannot explain this deep change." How can the Alt solve if there's no certainty in the absurdity of the world?

-Can you please rephrase this question?

What's the role of the ballot?

-We'll isolate to vote for the most ethical standard

Status of the Counterplan and Kritik?

-Funconditional. JK Condo

What's the exact Alternative Text?

-Do nothing to embrace the absurd

Trade:

Where does Hines 12 even mention protectionism?

-Long-distance trade is then reduced to supplying what could not come from within one country or geographical grouping of countries

Protectionism is reducing international trade to prefer domestic producing

Nash-Hoff 11 says the reason we have lost "over 5.5 million manufacturing jobs, nearly 50,000 manufacturing companies, and racked up an annual trade deficit with China of $273 million in 2010" is because of "escalating trade deficits." If trade deficit decline is inevitable, why is the plan a bad idea?

-Because you increase trade increasing the deficit. Nowhere in the plan does it mention increasing more exports than imports

Navy:

Does Farley 7 take into account recent developments by China and Russia?

-"The oldest and least capable is faster, one third larger, and carries three times the aircraft of Admiral Kuznetsov, the largest carrier in the Russian Navy. Unlike China’s only aircraft carrier, the former Russian Varyag, American carriers have engines and are capable of self-propulsion. " Also the french, indian, and british navies.

Where deos Kaltenstein 10 even mention the maritime industry?

-Talks about shipping.

Even if Goure 10 is correct, shouldn't the US take every step possible to protect it's people?

-Well that's the point of the da and the K, and secondly, not if there isn't a threat. Do you still sleep with the lights on because the boogie man might exist?

Methane:

Seeking Alpha 12 says "national security policy may be subject to a change in emphasis" Doesn't that still mean oil dependence will hurt our national security?

-No it actually states that the oil dependence might go down or might not have such a big impact

What are the qualifications of the Seeking Alpha 12?

-Seeking alpha is a buisness analysis website focusing mainly on exchanges.

• Downvote 1

Character limit of 2400/ 1500. Reply if you want to judge.

There are about 4.5 characters per English word (probably more given debate jargon).  You've accidentally set the limit at 533 words for constructives and 333 for rebuttals...

There are about 4.5 characters per English word (probably more given debate jargon).  You've accidentally set the limit at 533 words for constructives and 333 for rebuttals...

Yeah typo. I meany 2400/1500 word limit