jshepard

School Shooting in Minnesota

i dont really care for it, but if the kid had problems he shoulda talked so someone.. to me the worst part is he killed himself.. hmm..

The worst part is he killed others, not that he killed himself. Why is killing yourself a bad thing?

idk.. to me i just dont think its right to kill yourself coz u realized uve done something wrong. he should sucked it up and went to prison. to me suicide is the lamest way to get out of something bad.. i just hate suicide.. idk but thats just me.. coz now that all those kids are dead, who are the parents gonna turn to or sue or wateveR??

now this may be just me, but i dont believe a lawsuit against weise or his family would diminish the grief of those families victimized by the shooting.

and not to make fun of you or anything, but the kid had severe psychological problems and a lost identity (he was a native american posting on a neo-nazi website.) in most cases suicide is not a way to get out of being punished in the future, but a way to end punishment that you feel exists in the status quo. people who commit suicide in some cases do it as a 'cry for help'; others are severely depressed and feel that the only way they can end their pain is by taking their own life.

ya i realize that, but still suicide is so lame..

• Downvote 1

I know many people have strong feelings on suicide but it is my opinion that things should never be bad enough to take your own life. There are certain circumstances that could call for killing another but never yourself. Suicide is different than self sacrafice too, I am talking about the type of self inflicted death meant to end suffering ext... My view comes from religion but also a lot of self relfection. Life sucks, there is no way around that. I don't buy that God would give you a circumstance you are not capable of handling with his help. Now people might say that it isnt fair to be expected to deal with or live through certain things but to me life is a test. When the time comes that I am tested (it happens to everyone) I just hope I can stick by what I beleive and do what is right. It is tragic that people often do get to the point where they cant see any reason to go on. I think everyone should be really effected by this, we should all ask ourselves what are we really living for. If you have trouble coming up with an answer then it might be time to put serious thought into this. We always here "they were so nice" or "I would have never expected this." How far away are any of the "normal" people from some life altering choices? I'm done, just something to think about.

Why does posting on a neo-nazi website make everything different? He has the right to make any political decision he wants. Why is it so important to find out why he did it? It isn't like he can do it again. Similarly, every time something like this happens people look for an excuse other than the fact that it was that persons decision. Once they find something they can pick on, they try to destroy it or at least get it blocked from everyone else. In doing so they only open the door for more problems. Instead of saying you can't do that because it makes you do bad things so we are going to try and take it away forever from everyone, why not just leave it alone and say make good decisions... please?

Why does posting on a neo-nazi website make everything different? He has the right to make any political decision he wants. Why is it so important to find out why he did it? It isn't like he can do it again. Similarly, every time something like this happens people look for an excuse other than the fact that it was that persons decision. Once they find something they can pick on, they try to destroy it or at least get it blocked from everyone else. In doing so they only open the door for more problems. Instead of saying you can't do that because it makes you do bad things so we are going to try and take it away forever from everyone, why not just leave it alone and say make good decisions... please?

they always check into this stuff.. its kind of like the women who get caught up in fasting and all that from websites.. they get real sick and stuff, then the parents try to sue the website and whatever.. they may think the neo-nazi site was influencing his deciscion, which it very well could have been. but you are right, he doees have the right to make his own deciscion

man, if i were indian, and i got my land taken away, i'd be like "nah fuck that, fight the system" and do the same thing. that or i'd just drink a lot of booze and talk about soaring eagle red bush.

I like how the article highlights that it was very important that all the LIBERALS, ya know, since it was his awful liberal white teachers that had the awful idea of opposing Weise's thoughts about a pure race. And, the liberal media cast him as a white neo Nazi because they hate white people.

Can be not be in an age where politics does not invade everything, and every story, every shooting, can be explained by the fact that he was a liberal or a conservative, or the liberals cast him as this?

But I agree that his psychological problems were obvious as soon as he signed onto MSN Messenger.