nathan_debate

Effective Searching Tips For The High School Debate Caselist?

Not sure why 2011-2012 stuff comes up first in search results. For instance, when I searched both warming & climate....not a lot immediately came up in results from this year (it may have been a couple pages deep, but not at the top of results....as you might expect).

Should I search via Google advanced search (for searching a URL)?

Should I add 2013 in the search box?

Or perhaps something else?

My guess is others are having this challenge......and perhaps giving up. Any suggestions?

Are you looking towards finding like people's wikis or finding camp files and such?

If you're looking for finding people's wikis you can just use the search on the ndca wiki itself (towards the left of the webpage)

If you're looking for camp files and such you can just use open evidence. http://www.debatecoaches.org/page/open-evidence-project

If you're looking for something else, lemme know.

Yes....I'm doing search on the wiki itself. If you search for warming or climate....in my experience....you get a ton of useless stuff at the top.

This also happened when I looked for ice breakers.

I've had good results doing a google search for

site:wiki.debatecoaches.org "2012-2013" whatever else I'm searching for (sometimes also in quotes).

Sometimes LD debaters will pop up in the results but I haven't found any other method that avoids it. It helps to make your search more specific - don't search for "warming," search for "ice age" or "warming irreversible" and you'll have better luck.

• Upvote 1

site:wiki.debatecoaches.org "2012-2013" whatever else I'm searching for (sometimes also in quotes).

this works well

also, you can just put 2013 in quotes in addition to whatever else you're searching for and you should get all the 2012-2013 wikis on top