mnvsvk

Link Of Omission

Does anyone know any Link of Omission good theory? i looked in West Coast, nothing. Looked in every other theory file i could find and there was nothing. I was thinking something similar to "what you fail to say/do is just as important as what you do say/do". Also is there a way to twist a link from a LoO to a regular Link?

Or, you know. You could maybe write something yourself?

A great way to articulate this would be by saying the inverse is true. And also, in whatever particular argument you are making this Link o' Omission, it is important to really express how the exclusion of this act or action is important.

Honestly, i don't see this as a theoretical issue, I see it as something you need to be prepared for. And by that I mean being well prepared and well researched in your own argument.

A great way to articulate this would be by saying the inverse is true.

You talkin' bout the theory or just general arguments against the link of omission?

Search on here....I've answered this question before. I think it was with regard to Nuclear whatever with indigenous peoples. The argument author escapes me.

Just searched and didn't come across it. You mind explaining it again, please?

Also, how can you spin the link so that it's a regular link and not a link of omission?

Search is running into problems:

1. Run it with a K thats not a link of omission--the link of omission part becomes part of the case debate or other part of the K. At a minimum this minimizes your risk associated with the position.

2. Cross-ex questions about their approach

Any hint on what the K is?

MsDragon,

You run the link of omission with another K--I think Stefan Bruchard had some word for when you combine two Ks....I forget. (the names not important)

The other K is the one that ends up being the real K.

Or you can find links.....which access the internal story your argument makes.

Or you could run the omissions as case arguments. Can you perm a case argument--I don't know. It essentially becomes an intrinsicness argument. It certainly looks less perm-able as a module or mini-case turn on the case. I think this is probably the superior option--and it leaves you with flexibility to) argue it as part of the K strategy (aka you can't solve--plus the K proves you only make things worse) or jettison it--assuming they don't try to perm.

I'm not sure if it would work, but Wildman & Davis have an article on priviledge which references a Koosh ball.

• Upvote 1

Any hint on what the K is?

I believe you're speaking of Kato.

"representing nuclear war the way they do actively facilitates the genocide of indigenous peoples"

"preservation from extinction legitimize the violence we isolate--that's an action taken by the 1AC"

• Upvote 1

I am trying to cut a card that says not saying something is as important as saying something but i am having trouble finding it. What would i search?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am trying to cut a card that says not saying something is as important as saying something but i am having trouble finding it. What would i search?

Threads younger than 2 years old.

don't necro

• Upvote 1