comradepitrovsky

Infrastructure Ks

Biopower. Current transportation infrastructure is designed to tell the people where they can and should go. There must be something about that somewhere.

comradepitrovsky, I'd say it depends on what advantages they have. Without knowing that, I would have to say the speed K (and that's never a good one to use).

• Upvote 3

What would be some good Ks to run for an HSR aff?

Don't all the Ks pretty much link to HSR.

The one you understand....and think you can defend.....and that your judge can understand.

The one you've read the most & prepared for the most. (hint, hint......)

No one can give you an answer as to whats 'the best K' for an entire topic. The are many factors that go into determining the effectiveness of a kritik, there is no overarching 'best k'. It differs aff to aff (the only real criteria I can provide for a 'best k' would be specificity, but even that can become arbitrary), advantage to advantage, team to team and judge to judge.

If you're looking for a list of simple Ks that are broad and easy to run, I'd suggest Cap, Security, and Complexity.

Virtually any K will link to HSR, although I suggest running Cap, Heidegger, or the Communicative Rationality kritik

the Communicative Rationality kritik

Whats the argument here? When I think of this argument I think of Habermas' application to framework debates....not a winning K argument. But that may be my own lack of awareness.

From what I understand it's almost like a critical National Referendum CP. Top-down approaches bad, exclude local voices in TI planning which causes serial policy failure and authortarian politics

Communicative Rationality kritik

Aubtin, did you really just say that the Will Repko K is one of the best Ks for HSR? I have some serious reservations about that opinion...haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha my justification is that it is a simple K to run and learn, which I thought would be better in this instance. Honestly I think it's the most vacuous argument ever cut, but whatever