Maury

Interest In A Satire File?

Hey All,

It's been a long time since I have put anything up on Evazon, and I have been playing around with a few ideas. It's no secret that this website has a particular affinity for the Deleuze and Guattari file I have on Evazon, and I want some community feedback before I put up another work. I feel that posting large files full of quality evidence is the recipe for long-term success on Evazon, and would like to continue that tradition.

For those of you who keep up with college debate, you know that I have been relatively successful over the past few years with an argument we call "The Allegory of the Squirrel" which combines folklore, fables, The Onion, and many other non-traditional debate positions. I have finally decided to retire this argument, and now feel it would be better at home here on Evazon.

Here's the deal: the file is absolutely NOT just a collection of random song lyrics, stories, and onion cards. It is actually a rather robust critical position about communication models and speech acts within civil society. Additionally, there is a large set of semi-generic critical positions that dovetail nicely with the central thesis of the communication scholarship arguments. In total, the file is 168 pages and has 2NC blocks for all relevant positions. Nearly every card is highlighted, and blocks are battle ready.

My questions to you:

1. What would you be willing to pay for this file?

2. What do you want to be in this file? It's better for me to hear from you before I put the file up.

• Upvote 2

Hey All,

It's been a long time since I have put anything up on Evazon, and I have been playing around with a few ideas. It's no secret that this website has a particular affinity for the Deleuze and Guattari file I have on Evazon, and I want some community feedback before I put up another work. I feel that posting large files full of quality evidence is the recipe for long-term success on Evazon, and would like to continue that tradition.

For those of you who keep up with college debate, you know that I have been relatively successful over the past few years with an argument we call "The Allegory of the Squirrel" which combines folklore, fables, The Onion, and many other non-traditional debate positions. I have finally decided to retire this argument, and now feel it would be better at home here on Evazon.

Here's the deal: the file is absolutely NOT just a collection of random song lyrics, stories, and onion cards. It is actually a rather robust critical position about communication models and speech acts within civil society. Additionally, there is a large set of semi-generic critical positions that dovetail nicely with the central thesis of the communication scholarship arguments. In total, the file is 168 pages and has 2NC blocks for all relevant positions. Nearly every card is highlighted, and blocks are battle ready.

My questions to you:

1. What would you be willing to pay for this file?

2. What do you want to be in this file? It's better for me to hear from you before I put the file up.

This is a good file. I've debated and seen some of the cards in this file and needless to say, many of the cards are round-winners. Endorsed.

• Upvote 1

Do the satiric cards develop into the basis for nonsatiric arguments, or are they introduced once and then dismissed?

What percentage of the file is built of joke cards?

Do the satiric cards develop into the basis for nonsatiric arguments, or are they introduced once and then dismissed?

What percentage of the file is built of joke cards?

The satiric cards all make an argument that can be extended later in the debate. Often times we would win because the enthymeme in some random Onion card would be dropped in all the aff speeches as they thought it was acceptable to just dismiss it. These cards do not make a "one and done" type of position - it is all an intricate K of the 1AC plan and its justifications. In fact, oftentimes these cards will allow you to have a more specific debate than a traditional security position.

40 pages in the file are Onion cards and extensions for them (the extensions are NOT more onion cards...). Everything else is composed of modular 1NC positions (with extensive blocks) and a very robust defense of the satirical component of the file.

• Upvote 1

The satiric cards all make an argument that can be extended later in the debate. Often times we would win because the enthymeme in some random Onion card would be dropped in all the aff speeches as they thought it was acceptable to just dismiss it. These cards do not make a "one and done" type of position - it is all an intricate K of the 1AC plan and its justifications. In fact, oftentimes these cards will allow you to have a more specific debate than a traditional security position.

Love this kind of thing, awesome. Like, read the "World Death Rate Holding Steady at 100%" card, or perhaps something less obvious, and then winning with it.

Some people may fear that this kind of argument can only be used on the college level, thus they might be skeptical about buying it. This isn't the case. Last year we (CE Byrd GN) went 8-1 while going for this argument. The amount of links in the file serve as really good answers to any advantage/argument an aff team could throw at you, plus the argument is really just built to answer framework, which is going to be the answer that the aff goes for 99% of the time.

I would be willing to pay somewhere in the $20-25 range (accessible pricing but not so low that it's hard to turn a respectable profit). What you've described the file as sounds good, but a brief explanation of the concepts and any weird terms would definitely be useful.

I would rather not disclose the key terms or contents of the file. One of the best things about being the first few people to read a new(ish) position in high school is watching even the best teams squirm as they have no idea what's going on. I don't think the surprise factor of this file is what makes it great, not in the slightest, but why discount the free added bonus?

I think The X Factor meant just putting a brief explanation within the file itself. A kind of "FYI" section would definitely be nice for those of us who don't focus on this specific branch of literature.

I think The X Factor meant just putting a brief explanation within the file itself. A kind of "FYI" section would definitely be nice for those of us who don't focus on this specific branch of literature.

Oh, don't you worry a thing. The file will include a very lengthy explanation of the overall strategy and key terms in the file.

• Upvote 1

I got a chance to take a look at Steven's file. I would not feel bad about shelling out $20 for his work given the comprehensive 2NC blocks and link work, supported by high-quality cards (there are also especially good answers to cede the political/state key). The arguments made in the file will throw teams for a loop, given that many of them will just rely on 10 year old cards about why irony is bad or the "K's greatest hits."

• Upvote 1

After reading an irony aff for a lot of the later tournaments last year this seems really interesting!

I definitely feel like $15-$20 is fair pricing for a file this comprehensive.

Also an explanation at the top of the file would be great, but do you think you could additionally include some sort of throwaway email/contact so we could ask questions if we have any?

Would we be able to use this straight after purchasing it? Or would we need to add some specific links dealing with the topic?

Thanks for doing this!

I think $15-20 would be reasonable, $10 would make you a saint. I will probably buy the file either way as I not only am interested in this line of argumentation but have heard many things about this particular argument.

My only real complaint from the DnG file was that it was entirally composed of DnG cards, but I don't think that will be an issue for this file. The inclusion of blocks definetly is good, but I personally would like to see things like comments and notes on the margins of cards that possibly help explain c ards, point out additional arguments that the cards make not stated in the tag, provide answers to common cross examination questions, etc. . Also, maybe some more specific tips on how to run the argument more efficiently (I.e., try to make them overcover card X, if they say X cross apply X, watch out for X) Either way I can't wait to check this file out!

• Upvote 1

I think if you set the price at $20 many people would be willing to pay, but that it would be practically irresistible at $15.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

you should pay me to get this file

in this file i would like a close up picture of a turd

This sounds really stupid, EYE remember when EYE was a sophomore in high school and wanted to be funny in debate and look kool in front of all my friendz.

you say, as you post on an account that's probably the 5th attempted reincarnation of one of the worse trolls in this site's history

you say, as you post on an account that's probably the 5th attempted reincarnation of one of the worse trolls in this site's history

Who was hadokenn?

• Upvote 2