Sign in to follow this  
ImpactTurn

How About Them New Topics?

They are:

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially strengthen its export controls on military and/or dual-use technology toward one or more of the following: China, India, Israel, Russia, Taiwan.

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its diplomatic engagement toward India in one or more of the following: nuclear non-proliferation, trade, terrorism.

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its economic engagement toward Cuba, Mexico or Venezuela.

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its engagement toward the Russian Federation in one or more of the following:

nuclear arms reduction, missile defense cooperation, trade barrier reduction.

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its military presence and/or economic engagement in Southeast Asia.

I'm graduating this year, so I let my top novice choose, and he chose the Russia topic, just because he likes Russia.

Southeast Asia's the best topic in my opinion. Everything else is restricting and Southeast Asia would be a topic that most debaters have never touched. India and Russia look good also.