EvanJones

Reflections On South Dakota Debate - 2011-2012

How did it die out?  I actually heard Fargo Shanley was (is?) an nfl points powerhouse, sad that couldn't have meant continued participation in the best form of debate.  How does the remaining LD ... and PF too (i guess) circuit compare to the debate circuits in other states?

It's sad that the newer generation doesn't have the opportunities that the older ones did. 

Not sure - I'm guessing cx died out in ND much like it has in many states - too few coaches and too few schools willing to support it. Fargo Shanley has been historically really good as have all of the Fargo schools. I can't say much about the other schools as my only knowledge of ND schools are ones that occasionally compete in SD.

There are far too many schools that no longer have debate as an opportunity for students. In SD, a lot of schools have slowly died out - CX is only going to be in maybe 8 schools next year...

I can't really say as to how their LD & PF teams are compared to other states - I'm guessing like a lot of them, there are some really good teams, and really bad ones...you looking at going to coach in ND?

I'm not in ND.  I'm in Colorado and I've seen a similar drain and am interested in avoiding a total wipeout like in ND.

Where in Colorado? I, too, am a Colorado debater who wants CX to not die.