Sign in to follow this  
DeCoach

Valley?

Years ago I used to take teams to the Valley tournament in Iowa; at our peak we got to Semis there and got a TOC bid (it was a Quarters bid then). Now I see it is a Semis bid.

Questions of anyone who has been recently:

How good of a tournament is it? How's the draw? How's the judge pool? Does it still run pretty efficiently?

If you don't feel comfortable posting info in here, please e-mail me at gregg.hartney@jenksps.org

Thanks in advance

I've gone the past 6 years and have always enjoyed it. The judging and food is always good, and I can't remember having any problems with the tournament. Sunday can sometimes be a long day if you're debating in octofinals, but I'm pretty sure we've generally gotten out of there close to schedule.

The tournament has always been competitive, the team who won the tournament each of the past 3 years also reached elimination rounds at the TOC. We have generally brought both older varsity debaters as well as 2nd year debaters who are ready for varsity.

If you have any specific questions, send me an email rsadagopal@gmail.com

• Upvote 1

Although Ohio Valley is held in Kentucky.

Still not in Iowa...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Still not in Iowa...

Did I say it was? The Hutt's only distinction that he pointed out was that Valley was held in Iowa, and that the other tournament was called Ohio Valley. I was just pointing out that the name was sort of misleading.... not disagreeing with him.