Sign in to follow this  
NobiumCX

Suggestions For A Leadership/heg Advantage Counterplan

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a Leadership/Hegemony Advantage Counterplan and could help point me in the right direction before I start writing one. So if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to respond with them

A good one i saw last year was to provide disaster relief to Japan until full recovery because it would --> Soft Power --> Heg. Try to make an adv cp based on current events. A few good ones to cut now are:

1. Finish diplomatic talks with Iran to shut down nuclear uranium enrichment program

-Diplomacy is a better internal link to heg than hard power

2. Help the EU recover--> Soft Power

3. Maintain the American military defense budget as according to the FY2011 budget

- Recent budget cuts have threatened our defense posture (http://picayuneitem.com/local/x1402349102/Palazzo-says-defense-cuts-will-endanger-Mississippi-economy-and-defense-posture)

4. Ratify LOST--> Heg

• Upvote 1

1. Soft power treaty (law of the sea, death penalty, etc....)

2. Look to the Heritage Foundation. They generally have laws which could increase hege or policies which decrease hege.

3. Pull out of specific military bases (ie the resolution 2 years ago). Or one of the counterplans on that topic which might have increased or stopped an ongoing pullout (ie they were counterplanning uniqueness).

4. Use economy to access hegemony.

5. Fix our overall technology policy. This is key because tech is key to the military & the economy.

I read through the suggestions but something I don't understand is how those would be competitive with a plan on this topic such as an infrastructure bank, or HSR Do they not have to be competitive?

The permutation links to the net benefit thus it generates competition for the CP. For example, Aff is HSR there's only a warming advantage , Neg is a renewable energy CP and a Politics DA. The link to the Politics DA is "Transportation projects are unpopular". If the Aff permed, and said we should do both the cp and the plan, the link to the politics DA is still triggered because the plan is enacted, so in theory, the counterplan is competitive because you cant do both the plan and the counterplan while avoiding the netbenefit. The netbenefit can either be a DA, K, or Case turn

• Upvote 1

I read through the suggestions but something I don't understand is how those would be competitive with a plan on this topic such as an infrastructure bank, or HSR Do they not have to be competitive?

They would have to be competitive through an external net benefit, like Tradeoff, Politics, Spending, etc.

Politics is going to be dead first semester so you shouldn't bother with that. You use tradeoff.

Transportation projects trades off with x project

You could say the CP is competitive because its not transportation so it avoids the link to tradeoff.

AKA ratifying LOST wouldn't trade off with monetary projects.

• Upvote 1