Sign in to follow this  
thelazydebater

Round 525 [Transportation] Thelazydebater(Aff) Vs. Firewater(Neg)

word count?

if congress is in gridlock now, how exactly do you solve your case or get anything accomplished?

How does the private sector do anything if the USFG is creating the infrastructure banks.

Agent of the plan?

Your Likosky 11 evidence talks about needing infrastructure to rebuild the economy- first off, what is the infrastructure that is needed, and secondly, how will this bank build up the economy?

what model does the plan create for future infrastructure banks?

When's the brink for the economic collapse- if we have been in this economic slump for 4 years, how long will it take the banks to fix the problems with the economy?

does the plan improve economic infrastructure, or does it only build the bank?

what is competitiveness?

where does the US fix the other problems with economic competitiveness such as lack of talent?

how does economic competitiveness improve heg if multiple powers are rising now?

we spend the most in the world in our military and our economy is recovering, if the entire world has economic issues, how would we lose military dominance?

how long until we lose too much heg?

I can judge if you want a panel. I default to policy making, but you can change this.

word count? idk

if congress is in gridlock now, how exactly do you solve your case or get anything accomplished?

congress critizes public private partnerships thats why plan wont happend in squo but that doesnt meant plan is unpopular or that I cant solve

How does the private sector do anything if the USFG is creating the infrastructure banks.

the goverment builds the bank and puts money down then private sector invest in it.

Agent of the plan?

executive branch, i wont spike out of dis-ads

Your Likosky 11 evidence talks about needing infrastructure to rebuild the economy- first off, what is the infrastructure that is needed, and secondly, how will this bank build up the economy?

we need transportation infrastructure to provide jobs/ i since dedev

what model does the plan create for future infrastructure banks?

the usfg need a new way of approaching transportation infrastructure

When's the brink for the economic collapse- if we have been in this economic slump for 4 years, how long will it take the banks to fix the problems with the economy?

anytime now , if we dont focus on longterm job growth then we will face a economic collapse

does the plan improve economic infrastructure, or does it only build the bank?

the plan improves jobs through the trasportation infrrastructure projects thatare funded by the loans from bank

what is competitiveness?

its our leg up on the other country to beat them in somthing

where does the US fix the other problems with economic competitiveness such as lack of talent?

my evidence indicates that if we had better infrastructure then we will have more "talent" to be econmic competitive

how does economic competitiveness improve heg if multiple powers are rising now?

muiltiple powers are on the rise now because we are falling behind in our economic competitiveness, the plan stop muitiple powers from continuing to rise.

we spend the most in the world in our military and our economy is recovering, if the entire world has economic issues, how would we lose military dominance?

The economy is bearly rising and maintaining our competitiveness and U.S being the economic leader is key to preventing wars not miltary dominance.

how long until we lose too much heg?

we are seeing effects now mutilple powers are gaining more power meaning the U.s need to do somthing to stay economically competitive now

sorry about spelling laptop is about to die and charger not working

i'll judge if you want. just PM me once the debate is done.

i'm tab like everyone else on CX. in general, framing issues determine how i end up evaluating impacts, whether it's a K, DA, or Theory. i won't hate you for reading dumb arguments as long as there's some strategy to it. any specific questions, just ask.

I'll judge, I'm tab, I can be persuaded to vote on anything, but here are some general guidelines:

T - reasonability can be persuasive, i default to competing interpretations, impact your standards, tell me why they matter.

Kritiks - i enjoy many and am familiar with a lot of them and ran them often in debate, please stay away from k jargon, have a clear impact, and alt. framing the debate is important, why should 'x' come first

CP/disads - I enjoy them, have a clear net benefit, they should be competitive.

case - i like case, Impact/case turns are great

how do jobs improve economic infrastructure? your evidence indicates that the economic infrastructure needed to be improved, how does the plan improve the infra?

what evidence indicates that an XO/Presidential action would do anything?

what infrastructure improves the "talent" from the pool?

how many permanent jobs does the plan create.

by Executive Branch, how does the plan function with that actor since you only use the USFG in the plan?

Why does the US need to continue to be the top? If we have the best military anyway, even with the economic problems recently, why do we need to improve our advantage?

what is wrong with other countries becoming our equals?

what new infrastructure will the plan build, and what happens to the old infrastructure.

-that's all, 1NC after these are answered.

how do jobs improve economic infrastructure? your evidence indicates that the economic infrastructure needed to be improved, how does the plan improve the infra?

my callahan card talks about how there is a direct line between economy growth and infrastructure spending

what evidence indicates that an XO/Presidential action would do anything?

talked about below

what infrastructure improves the "talent" from the pool?

what "talent" are you talking about, explain or just run the argument?

how many permanent jobs does the plan create.

none really if you want to twisit it like that, the plan will create a consant stream of shorterm jobs

by Executive Branch, how does the plan function with that actor since you only use the USFG in the plan?

i assumed executive because obama tryied to pass this along with other prodjects.

Why does the US need to continue to be the top? If we have the best military anyway, even with the economic problems recently, why do we need to improve our advantage?

because the economy is key no matter how good our military is its the economy that prevents war, cause no one will go to war with a country that is the back bone to thier econ as well

what is wrong with other countries becoming our equals?

countries becoming equal will more likely go to war

what new infrastructure will the plan build, and what happens to the old infrastructure.

i dont advocate for speific infrastructure prodject just that they will happend

-that's all, 1NC after these are answered.

cx

on T

1. what is the key word(s) in the topic

2. what is the vote, fairness, education....?

3. Where is the word "project" in the resolution I cant find it?

aspec

1. voter- education, fairness...?

2. did I not say it was the executive branch? didnt u say "hold him to cx"?

3. where in any of your cross-x.com debates have u ever read a agent dis-ad or any links based of the branch the plan uses .

elections

1. why will obama win?

2. your evidence a blog and a random news reporter with a opinion,why should these cards be valued?

3. Do voters think the goverment should spend money?

4.on your internal link where does it say romney would support an attack ?

federalism

1. what is fed.?

2.why is it on the brink?

3.so any stimulus spending would push it over the brink?

4.so building a bank will destroy all state power?

states

1. when has the 50 states all done the same thing?

2.status?

3. havent states banks failed recently?

4. how does it solve hege?

5. how solve for econ?

6. Who are the customers at a national infrastrucuture bank?

7. what evidence is thier that private sector will invest in a state bank?

more cx later

cx

on T

1. what is the key word(s) in the topic

I'm a bit confused by this, but I'd figure that the Transportation Infrastructure Investment is the key part of the topic, you don't meet because you don't increase that.

2. what is the vote, fairness, education....?

Ground/Limits

3. Where is the word "project" in the resolution I cant find it?

I'm not answering that, you already answered that question but if you clarified I can answer.

aspec

1. voter- education, fairness...?

Ground, presumption

2. did I not say it was the executive branch? didnt u say "hold him to cx"?

clarifying in CX isn't enough because the agent that you would defend isn't in the plan text- it's cool that you specified then, but you don't meet because the USFG is not a real actor. Secondly, you still could spike out of stuff even with CX, what I got you to say in terms of the case args is different.

3. where in any of your cross-x.com debates have u ever read a agent dis-ad or any links based of the branch the plan uses .

well, I've read specific XO turns/solvency when someone did specify, but that's been a long time ago, I don't remember all of those off of the top of my head.

elections

1. why will obama win?

economy's improving, and public perception, if he doesn't look like he's doing a good job, he will lose.

2. your evidence a blog and a random news reporter with a opinion,why should these cards be valued?

For the blog, it's quoting a university professor in the field, and for the other piece of evidence, it's an actual news story, not only their opinions.

3. Do voters think the goverment should spend money?

They are concerned about bad spending, not all spending in general, but to go on the link specifically, voters would think the plan is wasteful spending because they would percieve it as having to pay for services they can't use

4.on your internal link where does it say romney would support an attack ?

His older ties with the Israeli Prime Minister, means that if he were to win the election, he'd be far less likely to try and prevent Israel from going to war with Iran if it were to occur.

federalism

1. what is fed.?

the perception that power between the states and federal government is equal

2.why is it on the brink?

Actions like the Affordable Care act and other legislation that President Obama has passed in his presidency.

3.so any stimulus spending would push it over the brink?

federal spending, would be percieved as taking power from the states

4.so building a bank will destroy all state power?

no, it would be percieved in that way because it would be percieved as state power being taken away

states

1. when has the 50 states all done the same thing?

they all have pretty much the same laws, regulations, various laws like drinking ages, voting rights, etc. Even if they don't act uniformly, the states have all enacted or passed the same or similar laws.

2.status?

condo, SQ's an option.

3. havent states banks failed recently?

some may have because of the 08 economic issues, but not the majority

4. how does it solve hege?

building the bank, we don't increase the push for competitiveness, but we do solve since we create the economic capabilities to maintain the power projection.

5. how solve for econ?

Generates jobs, investment

6. Who are the customers at a national infrastructure bank?

I would hope that you knew this since it's your aff, but investors

7. what evidence is thier that private sector will invest in a state bank?

the Puente evidence talks about how private companies want to have more security when they bid for projects, because of the problems with legislative issues, they don't want to risk not having work

more cx later