Sign in to follow this  
ArneNaess

Round 523 - Transportation - Arnenaess (Aff) Vs. Bored Tennis Player (Neg)

Cross-x

1. What agency does the plan?

2. How is the plan funded?

3. Do we currently have the technology to do the plan?

4. Is the US currently declining in competitiveness?

5. Your Sitharam evidence is about India. How does this apply to the US?

6. Where will the lines be built?

7. What are the quals for Green Chip Stocks?

8. What will HSR be run on?

9. What is competitiveness?

10. What other nations have built successful HSR?

11. How much does the plan cost?

12. Is HSR the only way to solve oil dependence?

13. How does "Europe & East Asia stepp[ing] forward" cause extinction?

14. What district does Albio Sires represent?

15. Is the plan politically popular?

16. How do you take in effect feminist perspectives?

17. Is the plan capitalist?

18. Will the plan work?

1. What agency does the plan?

DOT (Department of Transportation)

2. How is the plan funded?

Through the US federal government

3. Do we currently have the technology to do the plan?

Yes, extending BAF 11, china is already pursuing high speed rail

4. Is the US currently declining in competitiveness?

Yes, thats Lawrence 02

5. Your Sitharam evidence is about India. How does this apply to the US?

Well, India's rail system is very similar to ours, they have miles of commuter rails, that can be easily replaced with HSR.

6. Where will the lines be built?

They will be placed in big metropolitan cities, like DFW, New York City, Los Angelos, etc. they're meant to transport people from long distances, not short distance.

7. What are the quals for Green Chip Stocks?

Will the card is quoting supervisors and project managers who have actually implemented HSR in the past, so Green Chips Stock is a pretty credible resource.

8. What will HSR be run on?

Renewable resources

9. What is competitiveness?

Ummm, a willingness to compete

10. What other nations have built successful HSR?

Japan, Europe, and China.

11. How much does the plan cost?

Well extending Hart 5/23, we currently lose over 100 billion dollars on congestion, HSR will be able to solve for much of that, and there will be a lot of ridership, so any possibility of budget deficits will be solved by the plan.

12. Is HSR the only way to solve oil dependence?

No, but it is a very effective way at doing it

13. How does "Europe & East Asia stepp[ing] forward" cause extinction?

Extending khalilzad 11, the power vacuum produced will lead to other great powers to re-balancing their arms and engaging in a number of offensive threats, that could lead to extinction

14. What district does Albio Sires represent?

Sires 11, is a representative of the house, who is also a long-time supporter of HSR, and the transportation infrastructure sector

15. Is the plan politically popular?

​No stance, you can go ahead and make that argument in the 1nc

16. How do you take in effect feminist perspectives?

I highly appreciate them

17. Is the plan capitalist?

No stance, you can go ahead and make that argument in the 1nc

18. Will the plan work?

Yes, it's already being pursued in other countries

If you have any other questions don't bother to ask.

I can judge if you want. My paradigm is in the appropriate thread. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Are you sure this is the right 1NC? There are cards here regarding CCS. I just want to make sure the link is right...

Ya I have the same question, i think bored tennis player gave us the wrong link

cross-x:

Case:

Comp:

1. You said that multipolarity doesn't always end in extinction, justifying it with 19th century Europe, but did 19th century Europe have military technology, as we do in the status quo?

2. Your salam 09 evidence, only talks about military power, how is that even slightly comparable with HSR?

Oil dp:

1. Where'd you get the statistic that Canada is the world's largest oil producer?

2. You said that sq solves, because the US is getting it's own oil, but does the US really have that much oil, that it'd be able to support it's transportation sector?

3. What does your Levi 6/18 ev talking about, it talks about how the US econ can be hit severely by oil shocks, but isn't that just a reason to vote aff?

Solvency:

1. Your Arena 12 ev is addressing P3's, did I say that I'd be using P3's anywhere in my 1ac?

2. In your Jervis 97 card, I think you say that HSR is going to fail, because of the specific outcome I'm trying to accomplish, but isn't this non-unique due to the fact that HSR has been implemented in Japan, China, and many countries in Europe?

3. Is our education system currently a complete failure?

CP's:

1. Status on the CP's and alts of the K's?

2. Do you fiat?

LCA:

1. What is LCA, specifically?

2. How is this CP any different than the actual plan?

States:

1. Have the states ever worked together as a single unit?

Geoptx:

1. The only difference between the CP text and the plan text, is the fact that you sever out the word "the", right?

2. Will the cp, be able to permanently solve for the USFG's use of the word "the"?

K's:

Kruggman:

1. Is the aff the only instance of econ comp in the status quo?

2. What is your alternative, reject the aff?

3. Will you be able to solve for all future instances of econ competitiveness?

Complexity:

1. How does it solve for any of our impacts, it essentially just talks about how we should ignore scenarios of extinction and just concentrate on more broad perspectives on the world?

2. What is the alternative to complexity, simplicity?

DA's:

Federalism:

1. Do we pass federalist policies in the status quo?

2. Why is hsr key to triggering your impacts?

Spending:

1. We spend trillions of dollars each year on defense, why will a couple of billion dollars from HSR dramatically lead to extinction?

Texas:

1. If civil war is the ONLY scenario for the collapse of US heg, then doesn't that mean your spending disad has no impact?

Spec's:

Ispec:

1. You asked me during cross-x where I'm getting my funding from and I said the DOT, how do I meet your violation?

2ac will be up in a day or two...

cross-x:

Case:

Comp:

1. You said that multipolarity doesn't always end in extinction, justifying it with 19th century Europe, but did 19th century Europe have military technology, as we do in the status quo?

No

2. Your salam 09 evidence, only talks about military power, how is that even slightly comparable with HSR?

No, it talks about "diffusion of technology", but it still is, military & technology are tied together.

Oil dp:

1. Where'd you get the statistic that Canada is the world's largest oil producer?

I never said that, I said its where the US gets the most oil from & its from part of one of my Foreign Policy articles.

2. You said that sq solves, because the US is getting it's own oil, but does the US really have that much oil, that it'd be able to support it's transportation sector?

It is possible, read the Levi evidence.

3. What does your Levi 6/18 ev talking about, it talks about how the US econ can be hit severely by oil shocks, but isn't that just a reason to vote aff?

No, it is talking about how oil, wherever we get it from would still be tied to the global market.

Solvency:

1. Your Arena 12 ev is addressing P3's, did I say that I'd be using P3's anywhere in my 1ac?

It's the most efficient way to do transportation.

2. In your Jervis 97 card, I think you say that HSR is going to fail, because of the specific outcome I'm trying to accomplish, but isn't this non-unique due to the fact that HSR has been implemented in Japan, China, and many countries in Europe?

it has been a monetary loser in all of those countries & it doesn't have that high of ridership either, people still drive cars & there is traffic in cities such as Paris & Madrid.

3. Is our education system currently a complete failure?

No, not a complete failure.

CP's:

1. Status on the CP's and alts of the K's?

condo

2. Do you fiat?

fiat what? On the CP, yes the CP is enacted.

LCA:

1. What is LCA, specifically?

an environmental life cycle assesment, which determines the effect on the environment that the plan has.

2. How is this CP any different than the actual plan?

LCAs are not currently used, only environmental impact statements are

States:

1. Have the states ever worked together as a single unit?

Yes, I can give you examples if you want

Geoptx:

1. The only difference between the CP text and the plan text, is the fact that you sever out the word "the", right?

yes, it's a word pic

2. Will the cp, be able to permanently solve for the USFG's use of the word "the"?

yes

K's:

Kruggman:

1. Is the aff the only instance of econ comp in the status quo?

it is the largest

2. What is your alternative, reject the aff?

yes

3. Will you be able to solve for all future instances of econ competitiveness?

yes

Complexity:

1. How does it solve for any of our impacts, it essentially just talks about how we should ignore scenarios of extinction and just concentrate on more broad perspectives on the world?

we're saying your impacts aren't real

2. What is the alternative to complexity, simplicity?

it is to use complexity theory to make transportation policy

The K is not a criticism of complexity, but is a criticism of your policies that are too simple.

DA's:

Federalism:

1. Do we pass federalist policies in the status quo?

Yes, that is Katz.

2. Why is hsr key to triggering your impacts?

It is a large project that should be delegated to the states, Katz & Calabresi.

Spending:

1. We spend trillions of dollars each year on defense, why will a couple of billion dollars from HSR dramatically lead to extinction?

It's not a couple of billion, but hundreds of billions, that's GAO.

Spending this large will tank investor confidence in Treasury bonds, which kills the economy. Then, global nuclear war occurs.

Texas:

1. If civil war is the ONLY scenario for the collapse of US heg, then doesn't that mean your spending disad has no impact?

Mead is not a collapse of heg, it is about econ decline.

Spec's:

Ispec:

1. You asked me during cross-x where I'm getting my funding from and I said the DOT, how do I meet your violation?

You have to specify how you fund it within the DOT, i.e. National Infrastructure Banks.

2ac will be up in a day or two...