Sign in to follow this  
ImpactTurn

Getting Caught Off Guard

Have the 2NC spend 8 minutes on the perm and theory and have the 1NR spend all five minutes on the politics DA, focusing on winning uniqueness (which controls the link).

That would probably actually dominate.

And to top it off, the argument they totally aren't ready to hear: "Cheating good, judge"

• Upvote 1

And to top it off, the argument they totally aren't ready to hear: "Cheating good, judge"

This gives the aff the advantage overall, because they speak last. Although most teams aren't ready to roll on this issue.

I have one K for when it's a policy aff I'm not ready for, one K for when it's a K aff I'm not ready for, one for when it's a critical aff with a plan text that I'm not ready for, one for when it's an aff with intentionally small impacts that I'm not ready for, and one for when I have no idea what's going on. I also make sure that I understand both the arguments and the file very well beforehand to take out one extra potential source of problems.

This gives the aff the advantage overall, because they speak last. Although most teams aren't ready to roll on this issue.

This only applies in rounds without a 3nr though, so it's really a nonissue.

This only applies in rounds without a 3nr though, so it's really a nonissue.

You forget, Loyola graduated.

• Upvote 1

Dear Incedible Hulk,

Unless you have a response....other than name calling.....I think you do yourself and the world a favor and remain silence.

Thanks

And.....people have lost debate rounds because they didn't think of that. I pre-empted a problem. Period. By sharp contrast, your name calling is utterly useless and a time waste. I wish you well in life.

For debaters...you sure have a radically different notion of truth than you do in debate rounds (180 degrees in the opposite direction).

And...if I missed a joke...I'm sorry...the internet doesn't have tone. As a speaker or writer or typer...thats your responsibility to create or convey.

Dear Incedible Hulk,

Unless you have a response....other than name calling.....I think you do yourself and the world a favor and remain silence.

Thanks

And.....people have lost debate rounds because they didn't think of that. I pre-empted a problem. Period. By sharp contrast, your name calling is utterly useless and a time waste. I wish you well in life.

For debaters...you sure have a radically different notion of truth than you do in debate rounds (180 degrees in the opposite direction).

And...if I missed a joke...I'm sorry...the internet doesn't have tone. As a speaker or writer or typer...thats your responsibility to create or convey.

It's a debate forum website - don't take a flexing of the funny-bone so seriously.

THIS THREAD IS THE REASON THAT CROSS-X SUCKS NOW.

Wait, actually that's because Tommy left, my bad.

n1374675716_8374.jpg