Sign in to follow this  
CaptainWilderson

Critical Race Theory.

As someone who's spent a lot of time making race K's, and really, personally cares about the issues. I implore you..

Please, please, PLEASE, do not run a Race K if you don't care enough to cut your own.

Run anything else. Deleuze, Baudrillard, Foucault, Zizek, Agamben, Derrida, Levinas, Heidegger, Nietzsche, Hardt and Negri, ANYTHING. But don't run a race K.

If you're willing to say, "I need any Race K at all", then you probably shouldn't be reading one at all.

And If you're doing this out of more of an intellectual curiosity, I implore you to actually read the literature, don't start with the debate cards. Seriously, start with a Derrick Bell or Cornel West book or (my favorite) Anna Stubblefield's Ethics Along the Color Line. Just... don't start do it for debate... please.

• Upvote 1

No, I'm not going to be running one. Well, I'm doing a Race K aff, I need a race K to see what to expect and to develop answers against. I do cut the cards for my Ks I just need to know what arguments I can expect that's all.

No, I'm not going to be running one. Well, I'm doing a Race K aff, I need a race K to see what to expect and to develop answers against. I do cut the cards for my Ks I just need to know what arguments I can expect that's all.

If you are running a Race K aff then there will be no reason that a Perm cannot function....the only critical race stuff you're going to have trouble with is with Radical Race authors like Wilderson if you're aff is liberal or moderate. You might also get hit with intersectionality if you use state-centric discourse....the main author for that is Bell Hooks

I do recommend both of these authors to read. They're works are amazing

You might also get hit with intersectionality if you use state-centric discourse....the main author for that is bell hooks

I do recommend both of these authors to read. Their works are amazing

FTFY

• Upvote 2