Sign in to follow this  
RILFGod4Life

Infrastructure Aff

So school starts in a few months and i really wanna get a head start with my aff, its my first year as varsity and i have a high speed rail, next gen airports, urban transit, and waterways aff and i was just hoping for some opinions on each

You could try to make your own aff instead of using the well-known files from camps. The added benefit is, of course, unpredictability (and you'd usually gain a greater understanding of the nuances of your arguments). Obviously, some people don't have the time or desire to do so.

Honestly, go with what you feel you're most comfortable with. My strategy has been to leave something in my 1AC conspicuously open to make the opponent hammer into that hole, and then I'd have my partner go in with the 2Ac and patch everything up. This can serve as a good time drain against the negative team.

Personally, I like the urban transit aff. Anytime someone reads a nuclear war scenario (read as "always"), you can just get up and say "highways let us escape from nuclear attacks". I don't have the cards at hand, but there are some people out there who have written that. Also, heg.

• Upvote 3

So school starts in a few months and i really wanna get a head start with my aff, its my first year as varsity and i have a high speed rail, next gen airports, urban transit, and waterways aff and i was just hoping for some opinions on each

Where did you find that urban transit aff? It sounds pretty interesting. Also, at camp, they said that waterways would hit a lot of Ts so prepare for that if you run it.