Sign in to follow this  
theone827

Inspiring Coaches

My debate coach, Mr. Hollis, has been one of the most inspiring teachers I have ever had, he is one of the most successful coaches in our state, but his independent, outspoken demeanor has landed him in hot water with our administration. After he encouraged other teachers to speak their mind and assert their positions against the new administration's changes, they suspended him untill he took anger management courses. Needless to say Hollis didn't take this lying down and he's currently engaged in a lawsuit against the district and superintendent. (http://posting.arktimes.com/images/blogimages/2012/05/29/1338320529-swindle.pdf) "the lawsuit filed"

(http://5newsonline.com/2012/05/29/fhs-teacher-sues-after-school-orders-anger-management-class/) "the news story)

He has helped inspire me to pursue law once i get out of highschool, and he is looked up to by all the students and staff of our school. He is the NFL head of our Arkansas district, he won the NFL award for best new district head, and ironicly enough was given the teacher of the year award for Fayetteville High School last year. If you have any inspiring coaches please tell your stories and share your support in our fight to get justice for Hollis

"Freedom of Speech is the bedrock of all freedoms. It should be guarded with diligence and exercised with fervor. Sadder than not having the right to speak is having it and not exercising it."

Tim Hollis

• Upvote 2