Sign in to follow this  
Imanol

Horrible Topic

That's what I thought at test because of the tricky wording, but i realized I didn't look deep enough. There's great aff and neg ground and it should be good in my opinion.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think this topic is going to foster a lot more technical and nuanced approaches to it. In the T interps alone there are going to be very nice debates and I hate T debates.

• Upvote 4

I think the wording of the resolution is going to allow for a lot of creative aff and neg arguments. I think there will also be a lot of specificity in argumentation and impact scenarios. Be more positive :)

• Upvote 2

At first, I thought infrastructure would only allow for amybe a few advantages. But as i research and see pre-camp files, there's a lot more depth to infrastructure and stuff. And even advantages like Economy can be expanded to various things such as the "Great Reset" advantage in the SDI HSR 1AC.

At first, I thought infrastructure would only allow for amybe a few advantages. But as i research and see pre-camp files, there's a lot more depth to infrastructure and stuff. And even advantages like Economy can be expanded to various things such as the "Great Reset" advantage in the SDI HSR 1AC.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRRRRRR

But going back to the original topic before it got derailed (see what I did there?), I think that there's a lot more that can be done with this rez than we originally gave it credit for. Finding K and kritikal affs is slightly harder if you want to make them topical, but there's definitely enough literature to make them at the very least resolutional (i.e. a discussion of the resolution in the context of some broader problem). Aff ground isn't bad, but I think the hardest area is topic disads other than spending. I think this will end up being the year where everyone reads elections and ptix, which to be fair is pretty much every year, but this year that will be especially true.

But going back to the original topic before it got derailed (see what I did there?), I think that there's a lot more that can be done with this rez than we originally gave it credit for. Finding K and kritikal affs is slightly harder if you want to make them topical, but there's definitely enough literature to make them at the very least resolutional (i.e. a discussion of the resolution in the context of some broader problem). Aff ground isn't bad, but I think the hardest area is topic disads other than spending. I think this will end up being the year where everyone reads elections and ptix, which to be fair is pretty much every year, but this year that will be especially true.

EDIT: did I accidentally just triple-post a combo breaker comment to a series of triple posts? I think I did. This is awkward.

• Upvote 9

Sign in to follow this