Sign in to follow this  
Synakal

T Defs

Hey, I'm doing T definitions and I really need a better variety of sources so can anyone suggest some websites or databases that don't require a hefty membership fee? (I would use LexisNexis but I'm not on campus so I can't access the database :( *tear tear*)

databases that don't require a hefty membership fee?

No such thing-- these databases' clients are universities and colleges, so they charge on that scale.

You're better off figuring out how to VPN into your campus' network so that you can access the databases remotely. I don't know of a modern academic institution without provisions for remote access.

Well, it really depends on what resources you already have/know about. I'm guessing that you have Google and things like dictionary.com.

Look into Black's legal dictionary if you haven't done so already. This gives a great set of standards (most real-world; debate is law, blah). It may even be able to find a definition from individual court cases, even when they don't specifically say in the ruling that they're defining anything. On that note, try to find scientific articles that give technical definitions.

Obviously, you're going to want good standards for your definitions, hut that depends on where you are now. Give us something to work with.