Sign in to follow this  
Raider

T.O.C.

We recieved an at large bid, Dr. Patterson is looking for anouther team if you forward me your record for this year and last includng policy Steve I'll call him on his cell phone and see what I can do, thanks alot, Matthew Agnew either PM me or email me at magnew1197@yahoo.com. He has expanded the round robin to a total of 16 teams but he has asked me to suggest one more team if one is interested

Where did you get your bid, then, since at-larges still require a bid....?

At-Large doesn't require an actual bid from a tournament. Its simply a submission of record and why you should be allowed to attend, and then they decide if you are good enough to compete. The only "bid" you get is where they want you to come.

As far as I know you and I are the only ones going to TOC. Why is CFL a no no for your school and administration? What did CFL ever do to you guys?! lol. But they thats cool. I saw your school wasn't on the list, i jumped for joy because I knew you couldnt beat me this time! Lol.

Im sure they didn't think that KS sucked. I saw that you placed in Impromptu up there last year. Um... how is the competition up there? Harder, easier, same. What the differences between down here in KS and TOC as far as speaking style?

competition is simply amazing, the winner of extemp was the defending national champ in fx at the time and the runner up went on to win fx in salt lake city, not to mention the fact that i think the person that got third went on to win dx...simply put the competition is amazing, but with that said i think anyone from kansas can compete, the speaking style we use seems to work well there just make sure you know your stuff, the biggest problem for me was having to adjust to doing both dx and fx but as long as you do your research you'll be fine, i dunno if thats a good enough answer for what your looking for, let me know if theres anything i can attempt to help with

We recieved an at large bid, Dr. Patterson is looking for anouther team if you forward me your record for this year and last includng policy Steve I'll call him on his cell phone and see what I can do, thanks alot, Matthew Agnew either PM me or email me at magnew1197@yahoo.com. He has expanded the round robin to a total of 16 teams but he has asked me to suggest one more team if one is interested

Translation: send me your record so I can say: "Hey, Hengeli and Daugharthy went 2-3 at WaRu!"

Sure, I'll bite. Be sure to give me the result of the e-mail:

Here's my record from last year and this year. I typed it from memory, so excuse any errors. I'm not undefeated. My record isn't as good as yours. Judge me however you want, Mr. TOC bid. But be sure to e-mail Patterson and feel free to post the response here. I've

Last year:

3-1 ONorth Novice

1-4 BVW Open

3-2 ONorth JV

2-3 BVNW JV

3-2 BVN Open

1-3 SME JV (1 bye = round 4)

5-2 Novice State (1 bye = octofinals)

1-4 ish 6a Regionals

This Year:

2-3 WaRu Varsity

3-3 BVN Open

2-3 Blue Valley Varsity

3-2 Olathe Northwest Open

3-2 Olathe South Champ

3-3 SME Champ

3-2 CFL qualifiers

3-2 NFL qualifiers

3-3 6A State

This post is obviously not bragging. Most of these results aren't that good. In fact, you'll notice the only outround appearance I've made was novice state. And we dropped on a 2-1 in quarterfinals. Debate is about the fun and friends, not the TOC bids.

At Olathe South and SME this year we didn't get a medal, but what I got I will never trade for a spot at nationals. We had 11 debate rounds that were judged on the flow, by qualified critics. We debated some of the best teams in the state with a mixture of success and failure. We did our thing; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. But it was fun.

I don't know the motivation of your post. Maybe you genuinely think that there's "one spot open" and that you have connections with the director of debate at Kentucky. Maybe you are trying to help me get a bid. But that's not it. Fuck off. I'd rather lose every round in champ as opposed to winning every meaningless PFD round in front of a judge who---by the rules of the event---is judging on personal, subjective whims.

Ok Steve??? I'm truefully trying to help, I was talking also about your PFD record, you have to have some expirence in the event to recieve a bid and I guess I was confused but I thought you said you were undefeated in PFD, that there would probably get you close to a bid, he made the request for me to subit a few teams... so I wasn't being a jackass, as much as it may seem that I am or might be, feel free to talk to anyone who personally knows me, I'm a genuinely a nice guy and am always an advocate of fairness, forgiving, and kindness, I learned it from my boy JC

You said "including policy" in your post. I never claimed to be undefeated on this thread, although Eric Ruchensky and I have still never lost a PFD round. Stenger did.

I still heavily doubt (read: I'm calling bullshit) the fact that you've been asked to suggest provincial KS teams to a national circuit tournament, even if it is PFD. Missouri is much more PFD orientated than we are even. Post the e-mail, and not just an e-debate post made by Dr. Patterson. You won't. It doesn't exist. I wouldn't need to include my policy debate record for a PFD application. I wouldn't need to include last year's record for this year. They don't look at last year to determine the best teams. Your posts on this thread are unfunny lies. I'm not even sure I know your motive, but there's my record for you to scrutinize. Go ahead and bask in your undefeated PFD ego.

I don't care how nice of a guy you are. I don't doubt you treat people well in life. I'm too tired to put up with this bullshit on an internet forum, especially when you're almost challenging me to try to match some sort of accomplishment you've reached, all in an obvious attempt at self glorification.

hey, not to get in the middle of this, but that is definitely something JW Patterson would do. The point of having Public Forum at the TOC is to try to include teams/states that are currently not participating. I am guessing he is not getting a flood of entries for Public Forum TOC - and that he would love to have some help in getting some Kansas teams to apply.

And usually for TOC (or for debate camps, I know for Michigan, my kid had to include 2003-04 and 04-05 results), they do want two years worth of results. And because Public Forum is a nominal event (if that's the right word) where it's not fully established nationally, if you also competed in Policy, I"m sure they'd want that info to better gauge how good a Public Forum team, at least in Kansas, you are.

Sorry to butt into a Kansas thread ...

First Steve I was actually trying to be nice, any yes we did submit our policy record (because we have a split year, so as to show we weren't just siting on our thumbs for half a year) but that is besides the issue, as to do I treat people well wow, you have no clue who I am, we will probably never meet, and according to this I in all acctuallity have no desire to meet you either, but thats cool, and thats allright, but do me a favor... When you want to run your mouth and call bullshit on me acknowledge the fact that I don't tell frivilous lies to get fun giggles, what goes through your head when you make these post... follow your mothers rules for once

1) If you don't have anythign nice to say don't say anything at all.

2) Follow the golden rule... treat others as you would want treated.

3) When you have no clue what you are talking about then shut up.

I'm not sure if your mother even taught you those rules at all, my mother at least had the decency and compasion to teach them to me. I hope you reconsider being a jackass to others and hope that you find Jesus Christ because he is looking for you. As for your request... here it is (I apologize to Dr. Patterson if you may feel as though I invaded your privacy by posting your e-mail, but there was nothing really secretive there at least to my knowledge)

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:57:52 -0500

Subject: Re: TOC PFD

From: "JW Patterson" <jwpatt00@uky.edu> Add to Address Book

To: "Matthew Agnew" <magnew1197@yahoo.com>

http://www.uky.edu/studentaffairs/deanofstudent/debate

Please remember to send me names of Kansas Policy debaters.Do you know a good senior debater who might be interested in debating at Kentucky? I am also interested in both LD and Policy under classmen for our summer institute. Also, let me know of other Public Forum teams who might be interested in TOC if we have openings. Thanks. JW Patterson

On 3/16/05 4:52 PM, "Matthew Agnew" <magnew1197@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hey Dr. Patterson,

If you could please send the e-mail address for the information for the tournament and also the application so that we may be able to get that into you as soon as possible, thank you very much, Matthew Agnew

As for this thread lets just let it get back to TOC the purpose of what it was intended for (sorry Chris that this thread had to be ruined by someones anger (or whatever you may call it ))

Hey Mark you pulled that from Victory Briefs.com which is an incorrect list, he told me over the phone he moved the tournament to 16 teams... I hope your inhrency debates at ESU show better performance then this... see ya there and stay cool have fun.

Hey Mark,I hope your inhrency debates at ESU show better performance then this

Oh man, you have called down the thunder.... at ESU you will reap the whirlwind. Mark is the King of Inherency. Seriously though, watch out for Mark, cuz he has lots of REALLY good affs and neg strats, and he does them all quite well.