Sign in to follow this  
Whats a file?

Buffalo, Ny High School Debate Programs

Hello cross-x community,

I am going to attend SUNY-Buffalo next year to work on a PhD and wanted to find out any information about available jobs or programs in the area that could use coaching. If you have any contacts or information, please backchannel me (message on here, public email address on account info).

A little info about me in case it's necessary:

Graduating Gonzaga University with a BA in Political Science and Philosophy, minor in History. I will be studying at SUNY Buffalo but have a desire to keep coaching if at all possible. My qualifications are mostly in the area of policy (CX) style debate, but would be able and open to other formats (LD, Public Forum, Parliamentary). I've been the assistant coach at Mead High School (Spokane, WA) for four years and have contributed to all areas of the program, including the previous formats as well as Congress and Individual Events/Speech. I coached a team to an 11th place finish in Policy Debate at the 2011 NFL nationals, Qualified a team in 2010 and coached a team to a third place finish at state in 2011, among other successes. I also debated for Gonzaga for three years (recently placed a team in the top 5 regular season, Semis at the NDT).

Any other info needed, please don't hesitate to ask. If you know of some schools in the region but don't have contact info, I would still appreciate a posted response with the name of the school active in High School Debate.

Thanks,

Andrew Myers

Hi, From what I know the policy debate scene in Buffalo is not the most thriving. You may want to check with Catherine Luhr, head of the Buffalo CFL League (she teaches at Mt. Mercy Academy) and can be reached through her e-mail on ncfl.org, as she would have a good understanding of the teams and who is looking for coaches, etc. I want to say that the only school out there that does policy is Madrid-Waddington, but I may be wrong.