Sign in to follow this  
klucas

Round 512 [Space] - Awesome2N (Aff.) Vs. Klucas (Neg.)

Word count is 2800/1800 (I think that's fair)

Need 3 judges.

Awesome2N, post 1ac whenever.

I'll judge. just PM me when the debate is over. I'm Tab, hold no bias to a particular argument. Just give me a claim, warrant, impact, and a framework to evaluate.

T--default to competing interps just because it makes sense to me. However, to win reasonability on the aff, you should probably prove abuse in-round. I can really go either way as far as framing goes.

DA--It's a DA. Make sure it outweighs and turns the case, need to win all 4 parts for me to vote. Ptx theory is typically difficult to vote for, but if there is little to no analysis, it’s an easy win for the aff.

CP--they're all fine, just make sure you're prepared to defend whichever ones you read. Gotta to have a NB for it to be competitive.

Case--I like a good case debate. I’m cool with all kinds of impact turns, so go crazy.

K--they're fine. just make sure to tell me how it interacts with the aff and turns/outweighs the case. If it's something like DnG, Baudrillard, Lacan, lit with a particular vocabulary with lots of buzzwords, just be sure to explain to me exactly what it is that the aff does that is bad and how that ends up destroying the world or robbing us of our value to life, etc.

If it’s performance, that’s cool. Just try to be clear with what your argument is.

• Upvote 1

I'll Judge. I'm pretty tab. Now that I think of it, my paradigm is really similar to Ted Trainer's. Specifically on kritiks, I'm probably not too well read on the literature. I'm not opposed to them, but I think extra analysis should be done because chances are I know it less than you. On theory arguments and my general preferences- here's the link to Mark Wilkins's paradigm. I like his analysis on theory at the end of his paradigm, as well as his philosophy as a whole. http://judgephilosophies.wikispaces.com/Wilkins%2C+Mark

• Upvote 1

I'm cool with the two judges so far

1nc will be up in a little, but CX first:

1. who is the agent of the plan?

2. is there any prior consultation to other nations about the plan mandated in the text?

3. how much of the moon do we mine?

4. what is so special about platinum in terms of the US relationship with india?

5. how does He-3 make reactions so much better?

6. can He-3 replace oil?

7.if we don't have enough He-3 to detect bombs now, what are authorities using?

8. how is the moon key to democracy?

9. What are some current disease risks that you might actually solve for?

10. how likely does your evidence say an outbreak is?