Sign in to follow this  
Dabraham12345

Mndi Or Sdi?

If you could decide between the regular MNDI (6/17-7/7) and the SDI 3-Week (7/8-27) for their senior year of debate in hopes of possibly bidding, which would choose. This is holding pricing and dates irrelevant. I am looking for opinions on which camps will give me the best competition and experience to prepare me for my last year of debate. Which one should be preferred?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Definitely SDI 3 Week. It's more comprehensive and overall a better experience for several reasons:

1. SDI has a better balance between lectures (arguably the top tier camp staff in the nation) and actual debates.

2. If you want to debate lay, you can debate lay. They adapt well to your requirements

3. As I said above, possibly the best coaching staff in the entire nation

http://debate.msu.edu/faculty_sdi.html

4. If you are interested about financial stuff, SDI will save you $500 for definitely a better experience.

SDI 3 week is $1800.

MNDI 3 week is $2300.

5. Both are in Michigan so I guess I can't tell you SDI is better for that. Michigan is awesome though :D

I think the overall best parts are the adaptation to lay-friendly debating and the lectures/faculty, but it comes down to financial preferences. Dates being put aside, I would definitely reccomend SDI 3 week.

If money isn't an issue and you're looking for that extra edge for senior year, I recommend that after you choose one of these two, you also enroll in the digital debate camp, it's only 400 dollars and it runs through the summer, it also focuses more on lectures and practice rounds than a traditional camp does, so you have that nice contrast going that acts as a pretty baller supplement, check it out, http://digitaldebatecamp.com/

If money isn't an issue and you're looking for that extra edge for senior year, I recommend that after you choose one of these two, you also enroll in the digital debate camp, it's only 400 dollars and it runs through the summer, it also focuses more on lectures and practice rounds than a traditional camp does, so you have that nice contrast going that acts as a pretty baller supplement, check it out, http://digitaldebatecamp.com/

^^This sucks

• Downvote 2

If you're only going to a three week camp you would probably get more out of SDI than MNDI. Standard MNDI tends to be much more intro-level with the things they cover, unlike the other University of Michigan debate camps.

If you're only going to a three week camp you would probably get more out of SDI than MNDI. Standard MNDI tends to be much more intro-level with the things they cover, unlike the other University of Michigan debate camps.

God bless amurica