ArneNaess

Round 486: [Space] Berknerdebater(Aff) Vs. Rexdog(Neg

1AC will be up shortly, we're gonna need some judges. word count's going ot be 2400/1600, if that's fine with rexdog

• Upvote 1

I'll judge here's my paradigm:

I'm open to any argument type, but here's a breakdown of some some common types of arguments:

Kritiks: I enjoy a good K debate, just make sure I understand what you mean.

Disadvantages: Make sure you provide good impact calc as to why the DA outweighs the aff

Counterplans: Same as above, show why the counterplan is better than the aff, and be sure to answer perms.

Framework: I buy all framework, so be sure to refute any framework that may be used against you.

Theory: I vote off theory unless told otherwise

Topicality: I normally weigh T like a Disad, meaning I vote off potential abuse and who’s interp is better. Unless told otherwise.

Voting Issues:

I'll default to Policy Maker, unless told otherwise. I vote off the flow, not the debate since I feel speaking should take a backseat to arguments.

The way I evaluate the world is based off which leads to less suffering, whether that be stacking bodies or seeing which side leads to less ontological/epistemological/metaphysical suffering. I'll let the debaters decide which path to go down: Philosophical, moral, or Policy.

Make sure you provide a good impact calculus, it makes voting so much easier.

I will do my best not to make arguments for you.

I don't care how ridiculous your arguments are.

I don’t care about rudeness or cursing.

I will not be offended.

Here's the 1AC http://www.mediafire...ff60gvs3b21ua15

Word count is just the number of words contained in the highlighted text and taglines, basically the parts of the speech I'm actually supposed to read.

For Cross-ex you can ask me any number of questions, but try to keep it within one post, please.

• Upvote 1

Here's the 1AC http://www.mediafire...ff60gvs3b21ua15

Word count is just the number of words contained in the highlighted text and taglines, basically the parts of the speech I'm actually supposed to read.

For Cross-ex you can ask me any number of questions, but try to keep it within one post, please.

I suppose the link is this: http://www.mediafire.com/?ff60gvs3b21ua15 (as opposed to http://www.mediafire...ff60gvs3b21ua15)?

I guess you're doing this to help the A-Team build up more blocks? I'm doing the same, but using the 1AC that I used this year.

CX:

1.Why havnt your impacts occured yet?

2.Why would china ever go to war with US?

3.Why wont we all die before the 3 years if impacts are on brink?

4. Is time frame pushed back because it is now 2012?

CX:

1.Why havnt your impacts occured yet?

Well, all our scenarios are currently on the brink, the reason they haven't occurred yet is because no nation has taken the initiative to do so.

2.Why would china ever go to war with US?

Extending Fisher 11/1, the US and China still don't understand each other's NW policies and there have been many incidents of regional conflict, so it's not unlikely of one of them eventually escalating to the point of nuclear conflict and bringing in the US.

3.Why wont we all die before the 3 years if impacts are on brink?

We can die before 2015 but our Kennedy 2K card is specifically addressing Asian instability assuring NW in 2015 is going to lead to extinction, the other scenarios can happen as soon as possible as well, but don't have specific timeframe.

4. Is time frame pushed back because it is now 2012?

No, I'll still defend that our impacts will occur by 2015

Cross Ex:

CP's:

1. Do you claim fiat for all your cp's?

2. what are their status?

3. Doesn't your code of conduct cp contradict your geo/UN cp, or will you defend multiple worlds on cp ground?

4. Are you claiming full or partial solvency for your cp's?

5. What's the net benefit of the XO cp?

Race K:

6. What your alternative plan text, if there is any?

7. Are your impacts for racism on the brink?

Case:

8. Is your evidence on how the conflict won't escalate refer to conventional or nuclear war?

9. Are you assuming that nuclear war in Asia won't affect the US?

Weap DA:

10. Doesn't our plan solve back for your impacts?

Cross Ex:

CP's:

1. Do you claim fiat for all your cp's?

yes

2. what are their status?

conditional

3. Doesn't your code of conduct cp contradict your geo/UN cp, or will you defend multiple worlds on cp ground?

didnt read a code of conduct cp

4. Are you claiming full or partial solvency for your cp's?

full solvency

5. What's the net benefit of the XO cp?

pres powers

Race K:

6. What your alternative plan text, if there is any?

no alt text. pretty much role of ballot is to reject racism

7. Are your impacts for racism on the brink?

impacts for racism occur everyday on going

Case:

8. Is your evidence on how the conflict won't escalate refer to conventional or nuclear war?

both/ any kind of war wouldnt escalate

9. Are you assuming that nuclear war in Asia won't affect the US?

our evidence jsut says US wont be drawn in. even if we dont win that their is still no risk of war

Weap DA:

10. Doesn't our plan solve back for your impacts?

no you aff is a weapon causing major internation backlash

CX:

K-

if our alt is reject the aff. What is wrong with our alt?

WTF is Baurdialard saying and are you saying racism is necessary?

UN CP-

How is the CP soft power and in your Card where does the ev even say hardpower stops conflict?

Wep Da-

How are you space dominant?

Do you want to die from extinction?

XO Cp-

Your ev from 99 where is the warrant that says Obama wouldnt get elected because of an XO?

Thousands of XOs occur a year so how does this arg make sense?

Case-

where does the ev say other countries will do plan?

CX:

K-

if our alt is reject the aff. What is wrong with our alt?

Well that's why I read theory, it wouldn't be a problem if you had an explicit textual alternative.

WTF is Baurdialard saying and are you saying racism is necessary?

Your attempts at stopping racism are just going to prolong the process of it's eventual collapse. Your opposition towards it only affirms it's existence and that's what it requires to keep it sustained, if you need more clarification just ask, sorry if it's confusing, baudrillard's crap doesn't make sense sometimes.

UN CP-

How is the CP soft power and in your Card where does the ev even say hardpower stops conflict?

Your tagline to the Sabathier '06 card was "US cooperation in space is key to broader soft power... ", the ev says that soft power doesn't solve because presidents like obama who engages in policies based on soft power aren't going to be able to stop middle east instability by signing a few treaties and engaging in empthathy, by the way it's a link turn, meaning that soft power doesn't solve for your advantage claims but rather trigger your own impacts.

Wep Da-

How are you space dominant?

Our plan is projected to send 4,000 satellites over four years, no other nation will be able to match that quota. Plus my Dolman '05 card has good warrants as to how the US secures dominance in space.

Do you want to die from extinction?

Well no that's why my plan is solving for it.

XO Cp-

Your ev from 99 where is the warrant that says Obama wouldnt get elected because of an XO?

Well passing such a large plan with an XO order would be a misuse of Obama's constitutional power, that's surely going to cause backlash from the public, thus not getting him elected.

Thousands of XOs occur a year so how does this arg make sense?

Unless you can read some evidence that XO's cause minimum or no backlash from the public, I hold no stance on that question.

Case-

where does the ev say other countries will do plan?

Well my Agence France-Press '09 card gives some pretty good warrants on China's "historical inevitability" of weaponizing space, if you need another warrant just look at the Pfaltzgraf & Van Cleave, '07 card.

Ok Cross- Ex:

Theory:

1. Did you drop the no alt. text bad argument?

K:

2. When you evaluate a k do you look at the warrants or how credible an author is? If so then how are your authors anymore credible then mine?

3. Where in your 1NC did you say that the role of the ballot is to stop racism?

• Upvote 2

Ok Cross- Ex:

Theory:

1. Did you drop the no alt. text bad argument?

no im going to readthat in the 1nr

K:

2. When you evaluate a k do you look at the warrants or how credible an author is? If so then how are your authors anymore credible then mine?

warrants but also author creds come in. We give a couple pieces of good evidence indicting baud. Also are authors are more qualified about talking about race.

3. Where in your 1NC did you say that the role of the ballot is to stop racism?

it was in 1nc cx but if that doesnt count then that is fine