Sign in to follow this  
SlavojZizek

Dedev

SMS put out the original Dedev aff that everyone is talking about. PM me if you want to trade for it.

I wrote my own SPS Dedev aff, but it probably uses some cards from SMS's aff. PM for trade

What is it about THIS particular topic that SPS has ruined that it hasn't ruined the other topics (i.e. Alt Energy)?

Alt Energy had nuclear cases, which made for amazing debates. Unfortunately I was just a novice, so I only watched those and didn't get to participate in them.

Alt Energy had nuclear cases, which made for amazing debates. Unfortunately I was just a novice, so I only watched those and didn't get to participate in them.

This topic has nuclear cases.... aka Project Orion.

• Upvote 1

What's a nuclear case?

an affirmative that utilizes nuclear energy. For example, Project Orion which uses nucleaar pulse propulsion to power space ships and establish colonies on other planets.

I honestly don't think SPS ruined this topic. Some of my best rounds were against SPS affs. It WAS annoying that sooooo many people decided to use SPS as their aff, but it certainly wasn't an unbeatable case, and it had some really cool case-specific disads. I've had fun running the Cadmium DA, Microwaves DA, and GEO DA. All of those were unique (or close) to SPS.

That being said, there are nuclear cases on the space topic. I know. I ran one, and it wasn't Orion.

I honestly don't think SPS ruined this topic. Some of my best rounds were against SPS affs. It WAS annoying that sooooo many people decided to use SPS as their aff, but it certainly wasn't an unbeatable case, and it had some really cool case-specific disads. I've had fun running the Cadmium DA, Microwaves DA, and GEO DA. All of those were unique (or close) to SPS.

That being said, there are nuclear cases on the space topic. I know. I ran one, and it wasn't Orion.

What was it?

What was it?

You can look at the vdebate I'm doing against Crusso right now. Create a launch system for the purpose of nuclear waste disposal, since that's the only barrier to prolific nuclear power.