My Final four is:

Indiana vs. Michigan State

and

Ohio State vs. Kansas

Final is:

Indiana vs. Kansas

Champ:

Indiana

Yes, I'm biased. My dad graduated from IU but there is validity behind my prediction. IU knocked off Kentucky when they were No. 1, Ohio State when they were No. 2, and Michigan State when they were No. 5. What do you guys think? Offer up your predictions, if you will.

I almost had Indiana beat Kentucky, but decided against it. I took Duke, Syracuse, Kansas, and Michigan State to the Final 4. Kansas won it all.

I'm biased because I irrationally hate North Carolina.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, and North Carolina in the final four.

Kentucky beats Missouri and North Carolina obviously beats Ohio.

National Champ would be North Carolina, their an older team, more experience and they have John Henson, arguably the best point guard in NCAA, and if you don't know the point guards frequently dictate the game. But he's prone to a wrist injury which could put em on the bench for rest of the tournament, so my decision's still subject to change.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

they have John Henson, arguably the best point guard in NCAA, and if you don't know the point guards frequently dictate the game. But he's prone to a wrist injury which could put em on the bench for rest of the tournament, so my decision's still subject to change.

John Henson isn't a point guard, he's like 6'11", Kendall Marshall is UNC's point guard... #debatersandsports

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

John Henson isn't a point guard, he's like 6'11", Kendall Marshall is UNC's point guard... #debatersandsports

Ya but he alternates between small forward and point guard

• Upvote 1

Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, and North Carolina in the final four.

Kentucky beats Missouri and North Carolina obviously beats Ohio.

Ohio - Mascot= the Bobcats, seed= 13, beat Michigan to advance

Ohio State- Mascot= the Buckeyes, seed= 2, beat Loyola to advance

These are 2 different teams. Both are in March Madness. Even if they weren't, this would still be annoying AF. Get it straight.

Also, you're wrong. OSU all the way.

Lol I think I'm the only one here with their Final Four still entact.

I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of. Predicting an outcome similar to what's happened so far would seem to indicate that your methodology was completely arbitrary or insane. No one saw this coming, and no one should have seen these coming, because what's happened so far has been extremely improbable. In most temporolocations of the Multiverse, you feel like an idiot right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of. Predicting an outcome similar to what's happened so far would seem to indicate that your methodology was completely arbitrary or insane. No one saw this coming, and no one should have seen these coming, because what's happened so far has been extremely improbable. In most temporolocations of the Multiverse, you feel like an idiot right now.

I'm not even the one you're insulting, and I still have the overwhelming urge to call you a douche right now.

I think you're just mad because you thought Michigan was going to go to the elite 8

• Upvote 2

I agree, but you yourself put Michigan, who got knocked out in the first round rather than North Carolina (1st seed) in your final four brackets so aren't you being completely hypocritical, when you're calling others arbitrary or insane.

No.... I don't feel like an idiot right now. I feel like someone who can break down a team's true abilities and see past their seeding as the basis for ranking them. I had Missouri going out early (Not round 1 early, but early) because even though they are a high seed with a good record, the Big 12 is a pretty shitty conference compared to the Big Ten, ACC, etc. Low level of competition leads to a lack of experience against better teams. Your evaluation is like saying debate team from Arkansas or something, who never left their state but had a very good record in the season should beat someone like Greenhill's B or C team, because their winning percentage is better. So who is arbitrary now? Also, March Madness is insane. The style of the tournament forces teams to bring their A-Game every round, meaning anything can happen. Finally, this year was predicted to be a year of upsets because there has been no clear-cut favorite throughout the season, with the exception of maybe Kentucky.

I didn't mean for that to sound so critical, and I misread his initial post as more arrogant/haha.

Sorry.

The point still stands though, and I'm not a hypocrite. I intentionally chose an improbable Michigan win so I could differentiate myself from the rest of the pool. Also, I don't like NC. I already mentioned that. I didn't make Michigan win because I thought it would happen, but because I thought it had a decent chance of happening and if it did it would give me an advantage over everyone else if it did happen. The goal wasn't to predict a result but to increase my chances of winning.

My main point is that predicting March Madness is a largely matter of luck and not skill. I also wanted to point out that most of these upsets weren't probable. Even though this was supposed to be an upset year, picking those specific upsets is very unusual. It doesn't really indicate much skill at all that his Final Four is intact, because lots of those games were extremely close and their results couldn't be predicted before the round began. And I would rather enjoy the upsets than brag about how I saw them coming, which is what I felt the above poster was doing. The fact that no one, including me, predicted them, makes them in my view more exciting. His post wrecked that excitement.

Also @atldbr, I'm not mad about Michigan, and you have no basis for believing so. Hint: you know nothing about me, so you shouldn't made these judgements.

Don't try to identify my biases through one post on a website. That's pretty lame and also annoying.

I didn't mean for that to sound so critical, and I misread his initial post as more arrogant/haha.

Sorry.

The point still stands though, and I'm not a hypocrite. I intentionally chose an improbable Michigan win so I could differentiate myself from the rest of the pool. Also, I don't like NC. I already mentioned that. I didn't make Michigan win because I thought it would happen, but because I thought it had a decent chance of happening and if it did it would give me an advantage over everyone else if it did happen. The goal wasn't to predict a result but to increase my chances of winning.

My main point is that predicting March Madness is a largely matter of luck and not skill. I also wanted to point out that most of these upsets weren't probable. Even though this was supposed to be an upset year, picking those specific upsets is very unusual. It doesn't really indicate much skill at all that his Final Four is intact, because lots of those games were extremely close and their results couldn't be predicted before the round began. And I would rather enjoy the upsets than brag about how I saw them coming, which is what I felt the above poster was doing. The fact that no one, including me, predicted them, makes them in my view more exciting. His post wrecked that excitement.

Also @atldbr, I'm not mad about Michigan, and you have no basis for believing so. Hint: you know nothing about me, so you shouldn't made these judgements.

Don't try to identify my biases through one post on a website. That's pretty lame and also annoying.

scumbag-steve-meme-generator-apologizes-for-making-douchey-comment-makes-more-douchey-comments-aba4f3.jpg

Also calm down about the Michigan thing. If you're going to make yourself sound like such a jerk, then you should be prepared for people to make fun of you. I didn't say that because I was trying to identify your "biases through one post on a website". I said it partly because I dislike Michigan and it's fun to make fun of them, and partly because I felt like you deserved it after you were so mean in your post.

• Upvote 1

I'm biased because I irrationally hate North Carolina.

Ok you said outright that you're decision was biased, the reason why you're being hypocritical is because you were criticizing ...Hi... on his brackets cause they were just random guesses in your opinion. But you irrationally hate NC for some reason, making your post arbitrary and insane as well. I agree that the tournament is highly based on luck (Norfolk State beat Missouri!!!) but why make fun of others for having random brackets, if yours are completely biased too.

• Upvote 1

I AM NOT TRYING TO PREDICT THE TOURNAMENT, I AM TRYING TO WIN AND HAVE FUN.

But wouldn't that indicate that your methodology is arbitrary and insane? Expecting to win from such an unlikely source is extremely improbable. In most temporolocations of the Multiverse, you feel like an idiot right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I AM NOT TRYING TO PREDICT THE TOURNAMENT, I AM TRYING TO WIN AND HAVE FUN.

Then stop critizicing others for it.....sheesh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He was clearly concerned with predicting the tournament, that's why he gave that long douchey post about how good he is at analyzing different teams.

That type of thing destroys fun. I pointed out that predicting the tournament isn't much of an achievement, and I'm trying to defend a different model where we enjoy the tournament, despite and in fact sometimes because of our inability to predict the outcome with any real certainty. This is a much better model, because skill has little part in achieving anything above a mediocre bracket, most of that is due to luck, and also because this way everyone can enjoy the tournament despite the results of their predictions. I enjoy surprises, you should too. Also, this way I can root for the underdog even if it contradicts my bracket pick of what I think will happen or of what I think will help me win the pool (I was happy when Duke lost even though it messed me up). The tournament shouldn't be about having a prediction competition (that's really rooted in luck) so much as it should be about watching good athletes in awe.

• Downvote 2

He was clearly concerned with predicting the tournament, that's why he gave that long douchey post about how good he is at analyzing different teams. That type of thing destroys fun. I pointed out that predicting the tournament isn't much of an achievement, and I'm trying to defend a different model where we enjoy the tournament, despite and in fact sometimes because of our inability to predict the outcome with any real certainty. This is a much better model, because skill has little part in achieving anything above a mediocre bracket, most of that is due to luck, and also because this way everyone can enjoy the tournament despite the results of their predictions. I enjoy surprises, you should too. Also, this way I can root for the underdog even if it contradicts my bracket pick of what I think will happen or of what I think will help me win the pool (I was happy when Duke lost even though it messed me up). The tournament shouldn't be about having a prediction competition (that's really rooted in luck) so much as it should be about watching good athletes in awe.

Yes, I gave a "long douchey post" after unjustifiably being called an idiot for still having my final four. So in my defense I explained why I had those specific teams. And directly below said post do you remember posting a 4 paragraph thesis about the luck that goes into predicting brackets? You act like this is some sort of revolutionary discovery , but I don't think that there is one person who didn't already agree with this. March Madness has a lot of luck involved, because teams have to bring it every game, which is why people who are trying to predict the outcome would take into account what conference teams come from to be able to accurately measure their skill.

You're main argument is that this should be about fun..... and then you go off and rant about how your model is best for the activity. The thing is, that's not fun. While this may be a debate website, we don't have to debate over what lens to view the March Madness competition. That's not fun, that takes away from people's personal excitement and experience with the activity. Maybe some people have FUN while predicting winners. It's completely subjective and your "objective method" kills those people's enjoyment of the game.

Also, I predicted Indiana to win the tournament. That's probably a long-shot, and a reason why I am having fun rooting for my team and calling an upset that may or may not happen. Which is a reason I meet your "perfect model." Also, if this post is killing your fun, don't post on it and kill mine Simple as that

tl;dr: my post was only long and douchey because you called me an idiot. You can't say it should be about fun and then try to control the way people look at the tourny. That's not fun because some people's fun comes from predictions. Also, I am having fun, I picked long-shot IU to win the tourny. And if this is killing your fun, don't post. No one is making you read this.