Sign in to follow this  
gdebate

Affirmatives?

What are the worst and/or best affirmatives that you have debated this year?

worst would have to be SPS, almost every other debate this year has been either that or BMD.

• Upvote 2

The worst aff I've seen - send gundams to space (and it wasn't irony). The advantages were heg and something else I forgot

• Upvote 1

PLAN: The USFG will operate and mobilize Mobile Suit Gundam.

Ryu's right-- no irony even attempted. They were completely banking on the risk of solvency = Aff wins.

The only solvency card basically boils down to "Japanese people make Robots" in its un-powertagged state.

I've seen it beat with a 3 minute Japan Co-Op CP and 5 minutes of laughter. Any risk that the USFG can build a Gundam = increased via working with Japan

• Upvote 1

Worst: Space Elevators - Not feasible with status quo technology. I hope next year's topic doesn't exhibit any bad futurism.

• Upvote 1

Best: SBSP, space mil, and moon base

Worst: Look at plants on the ISS, ChipSats, draw black circles, and colonize the ocean.

The ones I personally debated?

Best: I enjoyed debating Damien's Microsats aff. Interesting trick, that one has.

Worst: Anything having to do with the ISS. That thing is a breeding ground for idiotic affs. Damien also had a China-Coop aff w/ the ISS, which I also debated. Awful. (not to mention, the kids debating it were douches, and the judge called them out on it). I also hit "deploy the life science module of the ISS".

Geez, all of those were at ASU...

Sign in to follow this