mattcasas

Debaters Are Either Nerds Or Hipsters Or Both

I am a rhizome who contains multitudes which transcend your arborescent divisions of fascism.

We should totally do a hipster K author v. far-right policy author March Madness Bracket. Deleuze would make it to semis at least (but I feel like he would lose to Foucault at that point).

• Upvote 4

We should totally do a hipster K author v. far-right policy author March Madness Bracket. Deleuze would make it to semis at least (but I feel like he would lose to Foucault at that point).

How would this go down? Maybe 10 from each side (It would be difficult to come up with 68) based on nominations and then a vote thread lasting like 2 days for each match up?

I'll preemptively nominate for the left side:

Zizek

Lacan

Marx

(see what I did there?)

Levinas

Baudrillard

Right:

Schmitt

Kagan

Thayer

Nyquist

I think it's safe to assume that Deleuze and Foucault are in it already.

• Upvote 1

How would this go down? Maybe 10 from each side (It would be difficult to come up with 68) based on nominations and then a vote thread lasting like 2 days for each match up?

We should probably do either 8 or 16 on each side so it works out like a real bracket. Partial elims are annoying.

Also, if you actually think this is a good idea (I was like 60% joking at the time), then we should probably create a new thread.

I'll preemptively nominate for the left side:

Zizek

Lacan

Marx

(see what I did there?)

Levinas

Baudrillard

Right:

Schmitt

Kagan

Thayer

Nyquist

KHALILZAD

I think it's safe to assume that Deleuze and Foucault are in it already.

ftfy

• Upvote 3

I was about to object to the premise of the topic, then I realized that the last couple hours that I spent updating and compiling my Linux kernel probably made me a nerd. Carry on, ladies and/or gentlemen and/or rhizomes.

Also, it Schmitt goes on the right then we have to include Ayn Rand as well, because she probably out-rights most of the other people on that list.

• Upvote 1

I was about to object to the premise of the topic, then I realized that the last couple hours that I spent updating and compiling my Linux kernel probably made me a nerd. Carry on, ladies and/or gentlemen and/or rhizomes.

Gender is a construct that simply doesn't exist. duh

• Upvote 1