Sign in to follow this  
thefrozenone

Rip Space

I have one more tournament next week (assuming I don't qual to NFL this weekend, which is an easy assumption with Dulles in my district).

But I am a senior and will be sad :'(

• Upvote 4

Just have obnoxious amounts of virtual debates this summer. Or start to get involved with "real" debates (not college, but like online FP debates).

Space is over. Makes me wish I did CX earlier than my junior year so that this wouldn't be my novice topic.

I still have one more tournament, I'll miss the topic, but this being my sophomore/novice year I still got two years and transportation seems like a good topic

• Upvote 1

Today will be my last day of debate on this topic.

I wont miss it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Today will be my last day of debate on this topic.

I wont miss it.

I won't miss the SPS debates, but I'll miss the rounds with creative arguments that we likely won't hear on other topics.

Edited by SpiderCat
  • Upvote 1

I won't miss the SPS debates, but I'll miss the rounds with creative arguments that we likely won't hear on other topics.

I swear this year has either been against a kritikal aff or SPS. I don't like this topic

Seeing as this topic was my Novice year topic, I can't really judge but my district, schools ran the same cases across the team. I was disappointed.

• Upvote 3

SPS totes isn't transportation infrastructure. Hooray!

My last tournament is this coming weekend. People are going all=out with race K affs, irony affs, DnG affs, and various policy affs. It'll be a good way to close out the year. Time to bid EOS goodbye, and finally admit to the world that it realistically doesn't solve anything at all.

• Downvote 1

I swear this year has either been against a kritikal aff or SPS. I don't like this topic

I can honestly say I have hit 1 kritikal aff and 3 sps affs in the 30-40 rounds this season. the creativity in my district was surprisingly well placed, besides Asteroids, my district vomited those affs up like candy.

Goodbye Heidegger with good link stories.

This topic jhas more potential for new tech than the Space topic, trust me, Heidegger was -made- for this topic.

This topic jhas more potential for new tech than the Space topic, trust me, Heidegger was -made- for this topic.

Sure new tech links, but I don't see there being that great of an internal link to enframing. But hey, you're probably right. We'll see.

Goodbye Heidegger with good link stories.

Transportation infrastructure isn't technology?

I think it would be hillarious to act like you forgot it wasn't the space topic.......for 1 to 3 lines....

And then start reading your transportation story.

Its a fundamental story about debate and public policies addiction to technological/techno-utopian/techno-managerial solutions.

And my guess is if you looked at the failure of transporation policy....those cards sound not all that different from what the author of Small is Beautiful

or Ehrenfeld (who critiqued humanism....but mostly its technological components), and folks like Jerry Mander talk about. They are talking about the thinking that manifests itself in the approaches to problems that Washington pours out by the butt load...

Space is over. Makes me wish I did CX earlier than my junior year so that this wouldn't be my novice topic.

This :(

• Upvote 1

State tourney this weekend and then it's over. :( Sucks cause space is an awesome topic. I just wish people didn't just run SPS... :mad:

• Upvote 2

This topic was my least favorite topic out of all of them, out of all my 4 years of debate.

Space sucks, is boring, has no neg ground, and is not a platform for any relevant social activism.

This topic was my least favorite topic out of all of them, out of all my 4 years of debate.

Space sucks, is boring, has no neg ground, and is not a platform for any relevant social activism.

Except cyborg activism.

• Upvote 1

Wait... so, the space topic means that we have to actually talk about space? Heresy! The topic changes each year so that we can talk about the same stuff... right?

• Downvote 1

Wait... so, the space topic means that we have to actually talk about space? Heresy! The topic changes each year so that we can talk about the same stuff... right?

His argument isn't a complaint about having to be focused on a topic, its that talking about space isn's as important as other current issues. While I don't fully agree with this, because talking about space opens up space for talking about energy dependence, global warming, international relations, etc. I think that you should at least realize what he's talking about.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this