Sign in to follow this  
Unico

Best Heg Aff

I'm getting ready for my state tournament which has an incredibly conservative judging pool. I was wondering what aff has the strongest internal link to heg. I was thinking BMD or SPS.

BMD-better I/Ls to hard power; SPS i/ls to Heg are based alot more on soft power, which while is obviously good for Heg might not be the better option in front of conservative judges; also Im not sure if reading an environment advantage like warming is good to do in front of an incredibly conservative judging pool

Both plans have IL's to heg, but BMD definitely would be the one to prefer in a conservative judging pool, basically cause it's more straightforward, SPS' energy leadership advantages might no be that convincing.

• Upvote 1

BMD's pretty good. (I've only lost twice on it) I personally don't run any heg in the 1AC, but in the 2AC I bring up that the perception of a working system solves missile launch. I can give you my blocks on my aff/my 1AC, etc. if you want, just PM me your email.

I'm in the minority here, but I like SPS more as a heg/military aff. There are cards that give it internal links to weap/BMD (like "SPS is key to provide the energy that BMD would need to function), satellite hardening, redundancy, resiliance, and oil independence.