EatYoFetus

Roll Of The Ballot

I like my ballots folded, actually. Scroll style is too archaic for my taste. Plus folded ballots are more compact, which makes it easier to carry them in my pocket.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I like my ballots folded, actually. Scroll style is too archaic for my taste. Plus folded ballots are more compact, which makes it easier to carry them in my pocket.

I see what you did there. I had to read it twice, but I eventually got there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This:

It's a meta-level framing issue that says how the judge should evaluate the round.

Here is a little simpler (less jargon-filled explanation)

You mean role of the ballot.....it just tells the judge how to evaluate arguments. Usually its used for:

1. Critique good framework (and answering that)

2. Theory Args/Topicality

But its primarily for #1. It could also be used for ethics arguments or arguments which change the assumptions of what debate is about or how the judge should weigh the round.

yeah, abortion jokes aren't funny. i'm surprised you haven't been flagged or something.

I for one enjoy a good dead baby.

joke

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The role of the ballot argument are the values of which the tab judges uses to evaluate who wins.

Normally, the role of the ballot is based on a utilitarian framework, so the judge votes for the team who saves the most lives.

But kritikal teams like to change the role of the ballot to fit their critique - such as the role of the ballot is to vote on "the team that solves for western metaphysics the best" or "the team that solves biopower better." If the team wins the role of the ballot argument, your arguments are likely irrelevant, unless you can really spin them to fit the new value system better than your opponents.

If you want a deeper explanation, feel free to email me at hahaiwin911@gmail.com. :'D

If you want a deeper explanation, feel free to email me at hahaiwin911@gmail.com. :'D

lol u missspeled hawaiian

like if the role of the ballot is to eat fetuses, then the team that eats the most wins

I think this actually might be the most popular post on cross-x, which says a lot about the current quality of the site.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1