Sign in to follow this  
ImpactTurn

Things To Rehash

I'm just wondering, to reduce a bit of workload, what would be some good things to rehash for next year? (Things from this year and before)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Save everything for now, throw away irrelevant stuff two weeks before the first tournament, never delete computer files.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dont rehash be original and make your own original ks and disads

I agree in terms of disads because the political realm is always changing-but in terms of Ks, that's nonsense, kritikal literature doesnt change year to year, just cut new topic specific links for next year

• Upvote 3

1) Kritic answers

2) Kritic files (actually most of the tech K stuff will likely still apply--as long as the link is use of tech versus new tech. Arguably a new public policy is a new technology--but thats another discussion)

3) Impact Defense

4) Generic Advantage files both ways (excluding space ex specific....given that space ex will mostly only be impacts to economy arguments & in other backfile check debates)

5) Big Impact files (econ, hege, prolif, democracy, softpower, species, environment, warming/climate, overpopulation/malthus etc..)

6) Generic Backfile debates

7) Some agent counterplan both ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is always useful material that carries over, even if you don't initially think it would. Wait before throwing things away.

There is always useful material that carries over, even if you don't initially think it would. Wait before throwing things away.

Sorry.....I was providing a range of things that are available to work on.....what they should focus on in those specific buckets is up to them.

States CP from poverty? nearly every resolution since 1999?

Fixed.

I see space elevators being more topical as transportation infrastructure

Surprisingly, I did not see a single Space Elevator Aff this year. I'm hoping it's because teams realized it's a completely unfeasible plan until we have a way to mass produce carbon nanotubes.

• Upvote 2

Surprisingly, I did not see a single Space Elevator Aff this year. I'm hoping it's because teams realized it's a completely unfeasible plan until we have a way to mass produce carbon nanotubes.

I saw a couple. They were all bad...

The states counterplan is going to be a killer. Most affs cannot beat a team that has "states are internationally perceived" evidence, and most solvency deficits can be either logically defeated or spiked out.

There are lots of great affs from the poverty topic which might be useful. Disabilities comes to mind, so does stuff related to American Indians.

• Upvote 3

Kritikal Indians could be really tough to beat (CP Immunity through obligations, sovereignty), but I don't know what topical case would solve any problems.

it's a completely unfeasible plan until we have a way to mass produce carbon nanotubes.

Don't mean to steal away from the topic of the thread but there are cards talking about how there are other viable tether cables.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The states counterplan is going to be a killer. Most affs cannot beat a team that has "states are internationally perceived" evidence, and most solvency deficits can be either logically defeated or spiked out.

This. Especially at the beginning of the season, when I think Elections Politics will be strong and popular.

Most affs cannot beat a team that has "states are internationally perceived" evidence

Can someone please explain to me what this refers to? Like, is this talking about the federalism modeled type cards and how this could be of utility next year?

Can someone please explain to me what this refers to? Like, is this talking about the federalism modeled type cards and how this could be of utility next year?

One of the solvency deficits commonly used against the States CP is that the CP can't access international advantages based on the perception of US action, like hegemony.

One of the solvency deficits commonly used against the States CP is that the CP can't access international advantages based on the perception of US action, like hegemony.

Ahhhhhhhhh, so people would read the Federalism perceived by X country (or internationally in general) as an answer... That makes sense then. Thanks!

Ahhhhhhhhh, so people would read the Federalism perceived by X country (or internationally in general) as an answer... That makes sense then. Thanks!

I don't think you need a card as much as you need a lot of ethos when you say "under no circumstances would a United States representative FAIL TO MENTION that the 50 states had enacted IDENTICAL POLICY". If all 50 states simultaneously decided on an issue that could only ever be MORE of a signal of US resolve on that issue.

I don't think you need a card as much as you need a lot of ethos when you say "under no circumstances would a United States representative FAIL TO MENTION that the 50 states had enacted IDENTICAL POLICY". If all 50 states simultaneously decided on an issue that could only ever be MORE of a signal of US resolve on that issue.

And possibly complemented with cards about how democratic division of normal means undermines perception of US commitment. This would effectively turn the solvency deficit.

Kritikal Indians could be really tough to beat (CP Immunity through obligations, sovereignty), but I don't know what topical case would solve any problems.

Any Ideas? I <3 native americans.

Legality has nothing to do with morality and thus nothing to do with should statements and thus nothing to do with counterplans.

Sign in to follow this