Sign in to follow this  
Keugene

2Ac Time Allocation

If our opponent in the 1NC read the security K, how much time should be appropriate to spend on the K.

Also, does that same time allocation be the same if we hit other K's like Frontier K, etc

Depends, what was the 1nc? was it a one off K plus 2 minutes case? or was it a part of a broader 5 off+case strat? It all depends on how much emphasis is given in the 1NC to the K, that doesnt mean read a minute of answers in the 2AC if the 1NC shell was a minute long, but rather give it enough time in the 2AC to pressure the block(sounds almost impossible with the speech times but efficient 2AC Blocks get it done) while not undercovering the rest of their positions

in that situation you prolly want to put about 3-330 mins of answers to the K-the disads should prolly be covered each in about 130-2 mins and the cp should get about a minute of coverage(most of your offense on the CP that arent generic perms and esa solvency take outs will be your offense put on the netbens(the disads)) but thats just my estimation of what the 2AC should be like, because the way I see it the K is a viable neg world of itself-so it should get the most independent coverage; the cp+DAs though have four strategically smart worlds coming off them(I dont consider a two disads+cp or two disads strat to be viable)-the russia da+cp; the other da+ cp; the russia DA+squo; the other DA+squo-so you give them more coverage combined overall=but for each independent off the K deserves the most coverage imo

• Downvote 1