Sign in to follow this  
tommy949

Ron Paul Listening To The Kritiks Debaters Run?

Dogma and consistency are similar. One involves refusing to listen to evidence though, and I'm not aware that Ronnie P ignores any obvious arguments against his position. He might consider some to be wrong, but that's different than rejecting it simply because it is a different belief.

And he's/von Mises guy's not attacking strawmen at all? I think it's pretty apparent that the War on Terror has been bad for individual liberties...

Your point is really incoherent, actually, now that I think about it. Strawmen don't really exist. If those he criticize don't really exist, then their dogmatism value is a zero. If Polly's equal to zero, he is not dogmatic. So your statement tries to leverage two different critiques at Ron, but integrates them in such a way that it nullifies both criticisms. Essentially what I'm saying here is that your desire to make a clever phrase precluded you from making a logical proposition.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

perfcon bad judge

If you want to criticize RP, please do. Use logic though, not the rhetorical techniques of middle school girls, okay?

I don't like his bandwagon, but I think his policies are less bad than those of the other Republican candidates.

Judge Napoletano channelling critique hack Bill Shannahan--which he subsequently I believe was fired for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk

Maybe I missed the context....but Lew Rockwell lost most all credibility when he said "how many have they've murdered a million in Iraq...we don't know for sure....."

Conspiracy theory through and through.

• Upvote 2

You're still not doing real analysis. I'd like to hear some. Ironically, the earlier charge was dogma, but now you guys are acting dogmatic and not making arguments.

It would be nice if the people on a debate website would engage in claims that could be debated.

And you definitely have the right to rhetoricize however you want to, even if it reminds me of my little sister.

The best part of this thread is the part when I called him Polly.

The fat balding commentator sounds like he's vaguely referring to foucault. Maybe I'm mistaken... but that was the impression I got

This is the impression I get from most other libertarians too. I feel like Foucault is a disowned relative of libertarianism, or maybe vice versa.