RyeZOAM

Round 474: [Infrastructure] Dstarfan@aol.com (Aff) Vs. Ted Trainer (Neg)

cross x

1. Why is Trainer qualified to advocate economic collapse?

2. After dedev happens, what's to prevent the inevitable collapse of resources you talk about now?

3. How does dedev solve airpower?

4. If our view of China is positive, how does that prevent them from starting a war over Taiwan?

5. Status of K's/ CP?

6. How is the CP competitive when it advocates the affirmative?

7. On give back the land.... nvm. Just fuck you

8. Where does your evidence on warming indicate that the plan specifically causes the satellites to be produced which ends the universe? Or does it say "these sats will be produced in the next few years"?

9. How does space colonization not solve extinction?

10. Your kritik of nuclear language... What is the role of the ballot for THIS argument?

11. On T, where it says in the 1AC "Fuck your spec arguments ASK IN CROSS X, why didnt you?

That's all for now

cross x

1. Why is Trainer qualified to advocate economic collapse?

Besides the several other authors i read, Trainer specifically has studied globalized economics for years, teaching at the University of South Wales in Australia, given many lectures and wrote many papers on the matter, and has studied living without industrialization (which is essentially what life would be like post-collapse)

2. After dedev happens, what's to prevent the inevitable collapse of resources you talk about now?

i'm not quite sure what this question means. are you asking about the Lewis evidence?

3. How does dedev solve airpower?

i don't know that it "solves" airpower considering we'll be living locally, but i think my evidence suggests that it would solve the impact of your airpower scenario

4. If our view of China is positive, how does that prevent them from starting a war over Taiwan?

if you're asking about Pan, Pan would say that you don't have a "positive" view of China, and that your attempts to securitize yourself against China by bolstering our overwhelming hegemonic power.

5. Status of K's/ CP?

Conditional

6. How is the CP competitive when it advocates the affirmative?

i don't think it does for 2 reasons: 1) there's the plan flaw argument that "USFG" can't be the federal government, therefore, any risk that "USFG" =/= the fed means the CP solves better, and 2) there's the Net benefit of eliminating the violent nationalist rhetoric of the plantext through the word "The."

7. On give back the land.... nvm. Just fuck you

I don't think fucking me does much to give back the land to native americans... :S

8. Where does your evidence on warming indicate that the plan specifically causes the satellites to be produced which ends the universe? Or does it say "these sats will be produced in the next few years"?

i don't think i read anything about satellites on the warming adv. are you talking about the colonization turn on the Econ flow?

9. How does space colonization not solve extinction?

Two reasons: 1) Jozef '1 says that the mindset of embracing colonization as a means to solve extinction causes us to ignore potentially terminal events on earth because we're focused on getting to space. this is bad because we get this mentality of thinking that we can just get off the rock and everything will be ok. 2) i read this really neat interstellar probes turn that basically says space colonization leads to the development of interstellar probes which at some point will reproduce on their own and kill humans since they don't need us.

10. Your kritik of nuclear language... What is the role of the ballot for THIS argument?

For this particular argument, i guess it would be for the judge to vote for the team that best solves nuclear discourse. although i don't make an active role of the ballot claim as of the 1NC.

11. On T, where it says in the 1AC "Fuck your spec arguments ASK IN CROSS X, why didnt you?

well 1) the way you went about saying it was a little obnoxious and, tbh, made me want to read Aspec 2) it's really more USfg T. it's built on the premise that you don't fiat state action (which i define as one of the three branches). so i mean, i would have made the same standards and educational claims had i not just retagged my ASpec shell. also, i don't think i should have to waste my CX "time" figuring out what exactly your plan does regarding fiating state action when you clearly don't.

That's all for now

that's fine. if you have any more just go ahed and ask.

honestly, if you think i'm just being an assclown by reading Give Back the Land, by all means, blow me out of the water!

• Upvote 3

About give back the land... hahaha no it's fine, I was kidding.

and... your evidence says the growth mentality leads to the collapse of resources... What's to prevent that from happening after we recover from dedev?

About give back the land... hahaha no it's fine, I was kidding.

Fair enough ;)

and... your evidence says the growth mentality leads to the collapse of resources... What's to prevent that from happening after we recover from dedev?

Ok, i'm really going to need the card you're asking about. Trainer '95 on warming says that industrialization is what fuels our consumption of resources that lead to environmental destruction. We solve this through dedev through 1) the collapse of industrialization, and 2) the mindset shift that the first Trainer '95 and Trainer '11 talk about. basically, once we start living locally, we won't need massive industries and states to dictate the flow of resources, and we won't over-consume. i hope that was the answer you were looking for.

Also, ETA on 2AC? no hurry, just curious.

Sorry didn't have the 1nc in front of me.. That's the answer though.. Thanks.

2AC by Sunday hopefully, also hosting this weekend.

Soon maybe?

you do know that with all the unhighlited stuff that you read, your word count comes to about 4000? do you want to highlite the speech down or just give me a 4000 word 2NC?

CX

1. how are you not shifting your 2AC advocacy by reading warming defense that contradicts the 1AC impact mod?

2. does your AFP assume a world post-Dedev?

3. So Mead talks about war specifically from the empirical German invasion of Europe: how does he actually address the warrant of my Ferguson '6?

4. Can you give me a line from either of your Zey '1 cards that actually talks about economic growth or development?

5. How did the economic growth of the US in the 50s and 60s decrease poverty in 3rd world Africa?

6. How does Western Culture solve nationalism (Brooks 1)

7. Did the Native Americans ever have wars on the scale of that of the American Empire or any other Empire?

8. Why does Kinsolving '8 say we can't describe an alternative to the Empire when our Churchill evidence gives a very specific process of ending the state's control over indigenous people?

9. back to the PIC, if i win that USFG =/= United States federal government, does that mean that the PIC competes?

CX? if you're really that busy, then the least that i need to know is about the word count. you had a lot of unhighlited and ununderlined cards. i'm fine with either highliting them down to 2600 or giving me a 4000 word 2NC, although i feel like one of them is significantly less strategic for you.

Hey, sorry, didn't see the cx. I'll have to wait until I get the 2AC in front of me to answer most of those, so hopefully I can do that tonight. But, I had a version where I highlighted down all the cards, and then it didn't save apparently, so I'll fix that asap. Sorry about that.... Like... the card I had on Nuclearism isn't even highlighted on this, idk wtf happened. 2AC repost and Cross-x after congress probably

Hey, sorry, didn't see the cx. I'll have to wait until I get the 2AC in front of me to answer most of those, so hopefully I can do that tonight. But, I had a version where I highlighted down all the cards, and then it didn't save apparently, so I'll fix that asap. Sorry about that.... Like... the card I had on Nuclearism isn't even highlighted on this, idk wtf happened. 2AC repost and Cross-x after congress probably

ok. i'm just gonna post the 2NC anyways. i don't think that the number of cards you read was particularly abusive or skewed my speech. just edit your original 2AC post when you get it up (and leave an edit note).

The 2NC order is going to be: First priority, Nuke K, Airpower/Competitiveness, Warming, Colonization, and the SMS special on bottom

http://www.mediafire.com/?m81fn9e27z0a368

ok. i'm just gonna post the 2NC anyways. i don't think that the number of cards you read was particularly abusive or skewed my speech. just edit your original 2AC post when you get it up (and leave an edit note).

The 2NC order is going to be: First priority, Nuke K, Airpower/Competitiveness, Warming, Colonization, and the SMS special on bottom

http://www.mediafire...m81fn9e27z0a368

By SMS special, do you mean SMEdev...?

a sick 1ar would just impact turn BIO-D, Terrorism, Water shortages, and Baudrichard... impact turn an impact turn

-18 #troll

Edited by TheSpecifier
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 27

Do you want a CX or should i just post the 1NR?

By SMS special, do you mean SMEdev...?

a sick 1ar would just impact turn BIO-D, Terrorism, Water shortages, and Baudrichard... impact turn an impact turn

-18 #troll

Yo mdawgig, make this shit go away

• Upvote 2

And let's actually finish this round, I hate people that just abandon them (not saying you will)

CX?

• Upvote 1

Lol this died. brutally.

Just like the Native Americans when we took their land.

i'll be honest, i was really looking forward to giving a 2NR on that

Just like the Native Americans when we took their land.

i'll be honest, i was really looking forward to giving a 2NR on that

I was looking forward to that too... <_<

:idea: IDEA! Revive this plz