RyeZOAM

Round 474: [Infrastructure] Dstarfan@aol.com (Aff) Vs. Ted Trainer (Neg)

Let me know what the word count is when the 1AC is posted. Need judges. Post 1AC whenever.

I'll judge. I really don't care what is run, I'll vote on whatever I'm told to vote on. My only caveat is K. I enjoy K's, and I'll vote on them, but if you don't understand a K well enough to explain it wouthout using terms constantly used by the philisopher as a means to simplify it for judge, you shouldn't be running that argument.

I can judge-

I don't care what you run, but I am not a fan of super critical affs (aka not defending a plan text/USFG action) and I feel better judging policy rounds, but if you explain/debate well, I'm cool with whatever you run. Also, I enjoy theory debates a lot, but you need to do some analysis to get me to pull the trigger.

I'll judge. Open to anything. I'll default policy maker unless told otherwise. Ask if you have questions.

I'll judge. I'm tab, but default policymaker. My only stipulations are give me voters and make full arguments (claim/warrant/impact). Ask questions if you wanna know anything else.

I'm interested to see the first round for this topic, make it good.

Cool with all judges. CX time.

1. So your Dietz and Stern '8 say that we needed to have acted back in '08 to solve warming. Why is this still unique after 4 years of increased fuel emissions?

2. Do people just stop using cars post-plan?

3. Which kinds of disasters does warming make terminal? like, are we gonna see a giant tornado or earthquake or something destroy the earth? like, just describe it (and use lots of disaster rhetoric if you can please)

4. How much does the plan cost?

5. When have countries fought over resources when their economies declined?

6. So about this Glaser '11 card: why does china want to suddenly go to war with us once they have better air power? are they just going to ignore our massive military and NATO alliance?

7. Who gets to go to space?

8. so on your 3rd adv, what is it specifically about building a new railway that will keep China from flipping their shit?

9. why is competitiveness over these high-speed rails specifically key to contain conflict?

10. So... what does your aff do to give back the land to the native americans?

I'll also judge, if you're alright with that.

I will vote on anything. I don't enjoy K's, but I'll vote on it if you win it. Abuse should be explained on procedurals.

I'll also judge, if you're alright with that.

I will vote on anything. I don't enjoy K's, but I'll vote on it if you win it. Abuse should be explained on procedurals.

i'm fine with you

Ill judge if someone else wants to join in to make a 7 judge panel (cause even number judge panels tend to be just weird), im tabs but will default to policymaker. I would be far more comfortable voting on critical arguments if they are explained well with clear links and impacts.

Lmao, talk about being strategically vague

• Upvote 2

anyone is free to judge. but lets try to keep this thread clear until at least after the CX is done.

Cool with all judges. CX time.

1. So your Dietz and Stern '8 say that we needed to have acted back in '08 to solve warming. Why is this still unique after 4 years of increased fuel emissions?

Yeah, it's the part above that uses science terms where he says the overall brink would be reached in about 2050, but that any policy we create to bridge this gap is key "now", meaning before 2050

2. Do people just stop using cars post-plan?

I'd argue the number of cars decreases post plan

3. Which kinds of disasters does warming make terminal? like, are we gonna see a giant tornado or earthquake or something destroy the earth? like, just describe it (and use lots of disaster rhetoric if you can please)

Specifically highlighted are tsunamis, but I would argue as warming gets worse, the number, and strength of storms like hurricanes become worse as well

4. How much does the plan cost?

Around $600 billion over 2 decades

5. When have countries fought over resources when their economies declined?

We haven't had a full on economic collapse involving major nations, but the card talks about oil

6. So about this Glaser '11 card: why does china want to suddenly go to war with us once they have better air power? are they just going to ignore our massive military and NATO alliance?

The argument is that China's boner for Taiwan reaches its climax after their air power becomes superior, and they feel like they can get the country back. The conflict would draw us in and go nuclear

7. Who gets to go to space?

Us? I would argue the warrants are that a better economy leads to space colonization, which means we probably colonize space.

8. so on your 3rd adv, what is it specifically about building a new railway that will keep China from flipping their shit?

As long as our technology can compete with China, they'll rely on our military for their technology, meaning they won't become independent and lash out over issues such as Taiwan ot resources, or even debt

9. why is competitiveness over these high-speed rails specifically key to contain conflict?

^ see #8

No, just no. I will forfeit the round if this bullshit is in the 1NC.

Right here. 4 off, warming, dedev, and competitivness on bottom

http://www.mediafire.com/?qg8l7m3cj0pftrc

just a heads up, i can probs do CX whenever, but our school is hoasting a forensics tournament this weekend, so i'll be sort of busy. depending on when the 2AC is up, i can probably get a 2NC ready by monday at the latest

No, just no. I will forfeit the round if this bullshit is in the 1NC.

Right here. 4 off, warming, dedev, and competitivness on bottom

http://www.mediafire...qg8l7m3cj0pftrc

just a heads up, i can probs do CX whenever, but our school is hoasting a forensics tournament this weekend, so i'll be sort of busy. depending on when the 2AC is up, i can probably get a 2NC ready by monday at the latest

So then, I guess this debate is over? lol

• Upvote 1

So then, I guess this debate is over? lol

i hope not. i have a coherent neg strat for everything i read in the 1NC