philingphamous

Mavericking For Texas Tfa State

Long story short, my partner failed his french class with a 0 because he didn't do any work and now he's not eligible for Texas TFA state competition. I'm considering to maverick there and I'm wondering if there are any tricks and tips on mavericking. I'm also wondering if mavericking is an option or not for Texas TFA state because it didn't specify on the website.

asshole that partner he should of though of you before screwing up and not purposely do it

Assuming it's legal, the best advice I can give is to ask the judge before the round if you can use leftover cross-x time as prep time. Most judges are understanding about the challenge of going maverick and will allow it. Assuming they do, don't skip cross entirely, that looks rude, but give a minute or so of the biggest questions you have to ask and then sit and prep.

Preflowing will be more important than usual: Make sure you have enough preflows for the tournament of your 1AC and any generic 1NC shells you run frequently., and maybe even of 2AC responses to the most common off-case positions your Aff sees.

Remember in allocating prep time as Neg that unlike normal rounds, you'll need to use prep time before the 1NR. You should use the vast majority of your Neg prep time in the block, with less in the 2NR than usual.

• Upvote 2

or just kidnap your partner or pay somone to be your partner or find another one to go with u in your squad

• Downvote 1

Preflowing will be more important than usual: Make sure you have enough preflows for the tournament of your 1AC and any generic 1NC shells you run frequently., and maybe even of 2AC responses to the most common off-case positions your Aff sees.

This is excellent advice - it saves massive amounts of time and keeps you meaningfully in the debate. The best benefit of a partner is they can flow your speech while you give it - having to do that and give all the speeches is physically and emotionally exhausting. 

The other best advice I can give is to go 1 off K + case in the 1NC - keeping the debate focused on one issue which you can go deep on lets you minimize the impact of losing your partner. 2 Off T+K+case also works.

• Upvote 1