Sign in to follow this  
DerpDerpDerp

Ocean Monitoring

IS it like some ocean monitoring type of ORS aff, it's like ORS but it allows for rapid response on the seas instead of air

Do you mean SAR/AIS? The one that also claims MDA/Small Boat Terror, Cocaine Trade and etc.? I was thinking of running it, and have a 1AC for it. It looks pretty good imho

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's probably it. Thanks!

No this isn't the aff he's talking about. The aff you're talk about is the aff that Dulles HT runs. The aff he is asking about was cut by Chris Leonardi and the advantage is biodiversity with about 12 impact scenarios. It's all based on the ability to monitor marine life like whales, sharks, etc. And then to be able to respond to oceanic crisis.

Do you mean SAR/AIS? The one that also claims MDA/Small Boat Terror, Cocaine Trade and etc.? I was thinking of running it, and have a 1AC for it. It looks pretty good imho

Yeah, that's the MDA aff. If they read the really long plan text, its probably ospec. otherwise, it's to increase mda in space, and thats probably not topical too.

it's based on advantages in like oceans in terms of ports and shipping lanes. They do have a cocaine advantage, somehow, but the internal link is really sketchy...

it's probably not inherent either, because mda already exists...

otherwise, it links to most things you would read on the neg...

As the loser from atholton said above it is MDA and unlike him i actually run that aff, let me break it down here-

DA-

Politics- you are not winning that debate its very hard to find spec links and i have a backfile of 10 "plan pop" cards for most groups within congress

Spending- you better garner a link off launches becasue theres not much more to the aff

weap- no... just no

tradeoff- this is probs the worst DA to read if its a spending link as i said above, launches better be expensive

CP-

process CPs- no way in hell you win that there are cards out there saying it has to be all usfg to solve

agent CPs- more ground for you here but there are good cards to why the US does it

adv CPs- if you find one please tell me

T-

this is where you get the majority of your ground, i have almost everyone blocked out to some extent and i can get the debate to the level that you kick T but its still viable. unlike what the kid above said the plan text is now a specific system of sats so it is spec there.

K-

lots of link turns and impact calc here, if you know your K well go for it, if you dont T is your best shot, oh and be prepared to get overpermed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

As the loser from atholton said above it is MDA and unlike him i actually run that aff, let me break it down here-

DA-

Politics- you are not winning that debate its very hard to find spec links and i have a backfile of 10 "plan pop" cards for most groups within congress

Spending- you better garner a link off launches becasue theres not much more to the aff

weap- no... just no

tradeoff- this is probs the worst DA to read if its a spending link as i said above, launches better be expensive

CP-

process CPs- no way in hell you win that there are cards out there saying it has to be all usfg to solve

agent CPs- more ground for you here but there are good cards to why the US does it

adv CPs- if you find one please tell me

T-

this is where you get the majority of your ground, i have almost everyone blocked out to some extent and i can get the debate to the level that you kick T but its still viable. unlike what the kid above said the plan text is now a specific system of sats so it is spec there.

K-

lots of link turns and impact calc here, if you know your K well go for it, if you dont T is your best shot, oh and be prepared to get overpermed

woahhh zomg you must NEVER lose aff rounds. You have politics link defense, US and Plan key cards, a topical plan, and K blocks. Why has no one ever thought of this before?

• Upvote 9

Sign in to follow this