Sign in to follow this  
CitizenOfUlysses

[Ld] March/april Targeted Killing (State/nat Quals)

Last ditch effort to make it generally more viable: You treat it as though all the aff has to do is "concede" that TK and assassination/killing state actors are the same. It's not a concession. They would have to actively argue against the people employing it as a foreign policy tool as well as against academics and policy analysts in general drawing the same distinction. If the people employing it see a distinction, wouldn't that access neg ground (because that mindset would therefore be inherent to the use of TK) regardless of whether or not the AC is willing to see that distinction?

If we use the standards of the people who choose to use TK, they have no problems with using TK and they also see no problem with the distinction.

Just wondering, but has anybody heard of or seen an AC that doesn't talk about util advantages or is related to util advantages/solving for security/exterminating terrorists or somalian pirates? The only thing that I've seen is an international law aff from a camp file, and that itself hinged on the capacity of TK to provide for self defense (not a very good case). I mean, I have one that isn't really explicitly based on that kinda shit, but I was just wondering if anybody else really tried something different.

Just wondering, but has anybody heard of or seen an AC that doesn't talk about util advantages or is related to util advantages/solving for security/exterminating terrorists or somalian pirates? The only thing that I've seen is an international law aff from a camp file, and that itself hinged on the capacity of TK to provide for self defense (not a very good case). I mean, I have one that isn't really explicitly based on that kinda shit, but I was just wondering if anybody else really tried something different.

This:

http://wiki.debatecoaches.org/2011-2012+-+Dulles+%28TX%29+-+Amyn+Kassam#March-April

Also, I've seen some social contract affs

Terrorism Good affirmative with backlash links. We should show the world how awful the USA is.

I'm trying to qualify to nationals, not getting zizek to be my friend.

Pos repped because I chuckled.

Also, since I definitely plan to use your sweet block, could you give an example of when the US has killed family members of terrorists? I can definitely see getting pushed on that (though not too much since there's no CX afterwards) and no instances come to mind.

They're usually killed when the terrorists are killed because the missiles suck. I know that one of those big important leaders we killed had his wife and family killed, but don't remember anything specific.