Sign in to follow this  
Woofwoof

Njfl Tournament

Hi guys,

I did not know where to post this thread so here it goes.

I am an eighth grader who started policy debate this year and have won junior varsity at Jack Howe at CSU Long Beach and went to finals at open at a local tournament at Claremont High School. I am going to compete in the njfl tournament this june and have no idea how the competition is. Are they really good? Are the judges different? Who judge? Any videos will be appreciated as well. Thanks

• Upvote 1

hello, so this would be my second year participating at NJFL, so there are basically bunch of Capitol Debate team and Kinkaid which wins most of the debate and have like 5 teams in the octa. Well the coaches last year were ridiculous, there were stock issues judges, and LD judges judging CX and judges sleeping in the 1AC. But occasionally there are decent judges and they said that they would fix the judging this year so hopefully it would be good. I really wnat to win the championship this year though.

capitol guys are good but once anyone learn to debate policies and become K heavy you can beat them but they are pretty good i shouldnt be judging but i will give the link to their aff and strat

this is their k aff

http://wiki.debatecoaches.org/2011-2012+-+McDonogh+%28MD%29+-+Vibav+Mouli+%26+Alyssa+Resar#Affirmative-Big%20Lex%20-%20Climate%20Denial%20Aff

this is their DSCOVR aff

http://wiki.debatecoaches.org/2011-2012+-+Atholton+%28MD%29+-+Simon+Zhu+%26+Daniel+Budai

well there are other teams and if you go on the wiki under policy debate section look at capitol

McDonogh, Atholton Centennial, and some more are capitol debate schools and you can look at other good schools i remember there was like one green hill team but they were bad and for reference like neg strat on k and cp, or just ideas, look for like St Marks, Westminster, Greenhill, Lexington, Woodward, Stratford, Edgemont, Blake, etc. Those are all good schools and i learn a lot from reviewing their start

This is the one paired with NFL Nats, right?

If so, I think it can be a good opportunity to get feedback from current HS debaters.

It's funny that you all care so much about this, i mean the kid that was topspeaker and 5-0 last year didnt clear at one other tourney all of last year.

Oh and cap deb is going to win because we have the largest backfile of one off Js in the country, no that was not a typo one. off J.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's funny that you all care so much about this, i mean the kid that was topspeaker and 5-0 last year didnt clear at one other tourney all of last year.

Oh and cap deb is going to win because we have the largest backfile of one off Js in the country, no that was not a typo one. off J.

THIS

• Upvote 1

THIS

• Upvote 1