Sign in to follow this  
truepestcontrol

God Da Or Cp Answer A Way To Say God Exist And Beat The Da Or Cp

My friend ran into a God da which basicly said that god would fix everything and we would not need to do anything. They felt that they had to deny that God exist to win. To me, thats jut wrong, if i had my way, i would just leave religion out of policy debate because thats not what debates is about. but anyways. Ive thought of this increasingly over the last couple of weeks and finaly got a few answers to this da (or cp how ever the neg runs it). If you know anything about the bible, God did many things through man, Mosses leading the Isrealites out of Egypt, Paul, the 12 diciples, the preacher at church, the missionary in China, the Bible, EVAN CHRIST WAS A MAN.

How God Works Through Individuals

August 30, 2008, 12:00 am » Christy Tennant

http://www.conversantlife.com/the-church/how-god-works-through-individuals

In my last post, I made the statement "God does not work through individuals, he works through the church."

But it's important to clarify that God does work through individuals, just not as individuals. Just as you might say, "I saw with my eye," the eye did not accomplish seeing without the brain. You might say, "I opened the door with my left hand," but your left hand did not operate independently. Your eye saw the door, your brain decided to open it and told your arm to do the hard labor. In order for your arm to successfully open the door, your back muscles had to get in on the act and do their part. And how did your arm even get to the door? Your feet carried you there.

So yes, certainly, in one sense, God can and does work through individuals. But never as individuals.Always in the context of how that individual fits into the bigger picture of the church (a.k.a. the Body of Christ).

Have you given any thought today to how you fit into the bigger picture?

Are there needs at your church that you could meet? Have you spent any time praying about how you can be part of the solution?

so bassicly, God works through people, so the neg teams da is illigitament because the neg is proposing we as people do nothing, wich would solve nothing.

you could also do some research about the phrase " God blesses those who are prepared. " and use that as an argument.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Or you could just argue that God doesn't exist and that religion is bad for one debate round and make everything easier. If you need evidence that says that just send me a P.M.

• Upvote 1

well quite litteraly, you can go to hell ninja

Remind me to neg rep you in the morning

• Upvote 4

Sounds a lot like a Tao K, just say that god should not be mentioned in a debate, you won't really need much evidence since most judges agree on this,

btw I'm neg repping you for that last comment of yours

• Upvote 1

You guys probably made this kid quit debate... he doesn't want to argue against God.

PROTIP FOR NOOB: It is called switch side debate, there's nothing wrong with arguing on behalf of ideas you don't believe in. Engaging your opponents arguments and actually trying to figure out which of your opponents arguments are strongest is the best way to learn to defeat your opponent. Also, maybe your opponent is right. It can't hurt to try.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think even if you don't want to go a kritikal route, there are a lot of easy analytics you can make about (and I never really thought I'd say it like this) how God solving anything is empiracally denied and there is no way to get everyone to believe something, even if there is clear proof (Evolution, climate change, etc.).

I think even if you don't want to go a kritikal route, there are a lot of easy analytics you can make about (and I never really thought I'd say it like this) how God solving anything is empiracally denied and there is no way to get everyone to believe something, even if there is clear proof (Evolution, climate change, etc.).

It's not a DA. It's a harms takeout. There's a big difference between the two.

If your opponent says it's a DA, point out that your opponent doesn't know what they are talking about. Don't allow your opponent to mischaracterize their arguments as offensive when they're only defensive. Then argue that any risk that God won't intervene means people should be responsible for themselves. Why take the chance that God will allow the destruction of the human race through human inaction? Aren't consequences an essential part of free will?

I think inherency theory could function well here too. Argue that since the plan is a good idea, God will cause the plan to happen (if he decides to intervene at all). If God would do the plan, it is probably something that should be done. Jesus says vote affirmative. You would then have the option of threatening the judge with fire and brimstone, which is always a big plus for speaker points.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm somewhat unhappy to say that if this were ever, in any way, seriously ran against me in a debate round, as in it wasn't some new kids trying to be the next WGLF's, but people who really believed it was true and got offended when I ran God doesn't exist, I would probably be snickering too hard to give my speech.

I'm somewhat unhappy to say that if this were ever, in any way, seriously ran against me in a debate round, as in it wasn't some new kids trying to be the next WGLF's, but people who really believed it was true and got offended when I ran God doesn't exist, I would probably be snickering too hard to give my speech.

8 minutes of Bill Maher turns would definitely be justified.