-Heidegger

-DnG

-Lacan/Zizek

What I think might be good:

-Biopower

-The Empire

-Ecofem

-maybe even the return of Statism

Any additions? I am sure there are some more topic specific critical authors out there, so feel free to update with authors as well.

Baudrillard and Schopenhauer are where it's at. Zizek is pretty chill too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

-Guattarian ecology

-anything in the realm of micropolitics (I think Nayar+Kappeler could be a really interesting strategy)

-Luke

-Virillio

-Nietzsche

-Bataille

-Feminism

-Queer theory/Edelman

Basically generic Ks and technology Ks. It's not looking like there's a whole lot of topic-specific literature, at least I'm not finding much after poking around for an hour or two. Expect the links to be off advantages, not plan action.

My bin will probably include:

DnG in a form

Mandatory Cap file

Baudrillard

Virillo

HnN/Empire

Heidegger

Nietzsche or Badiou against what I think the K affs will look like this year

Anyone found any more topic specific critical authors or articles?

mao k

habermas/derrida

agamben

baidou

-_________________-

• Upvote 7

I would really like to cut Edelman/Queer theory... Would anyone want to help with this?

Sure, PM me.

half of yall are just listing names. an author name is not an argument

This. It would help if you posted articles that mention either transportation infrastructure or even domestic infrastructure in regards to these theories to get a starting point for a lit base. It will also help people (Like Mister T Debater) who post cards on here for everyone. I'll start trying to do this as well and I will help find evidence for next year's topic. All I ask is that there is some sort of starting point to help us. /Shively

E-Prime criticizes the usage of the various forms of is.

I'm assuming Teja was being sarcastic because that is nowhere near case specific.

Does anyone think a kritik of efficiency (not fuel efficiency, more like time efficiency) would be a good idea. Something like how constantly striving for machines to do jobs faster cuts down on a person's humanity or kills human interaction. For example, I think there's an article out there about how NYC is getting cell phone reception for their subways and this will make it so no one ever talks to each other.

Does anyone think a kritik of efficiency (not fuel efficiency, more like time efficiency) would be a good idea. Something like how constantly striving for machines to do jobs faster cuts down on a person's humanity or kills human interaction. For example, I think there's an article out there about how NYC is getting cell phone reception for their subways and this will make it so no one ever talks to each other.

This sounds very similar to Virilio. There was a Virilio k put out by someone this year. It should be on open evidence. If you can't find it, let me know and ill post it.

• Upvote 1

I have this Zerzan card that's pretty cool.

Google Search for "a clock is a lock" and Zerzan. It should yield the article I'm thinking of.

I have this Zerzan card that's pretty cool.

Google Search for "a clock is a lock" and Zerzan. It should yield the article I'm thinking of.

What K are you saying this pertains to?

I see we could use this as a way to ignore speech times and just keep talking... /awful idea