Luminite (?)

letsocratesdance

Captain Falcon

EthicofCritical Theory

Razorscale2

Mister T debater

ilovebaudrillard

YoungGun

Cross-x: After constructives, questions can be asked for 24 hours. The other debater should have one round of questions. Then, within a reasonably timely manner, the other debater should answer the questions. If the answers were not posted within a reasonable time, the other debater can ask a few more follow up questions outside of the time limits.

Word limits are 2500 and 1600, though i guess that the +50 or so limit is fine. As a general rule, if your speech goes over a little (less than a hundred) then your opponent gets that number of words. Really, be reasonable and smart about it, and if there's a real conflict, be civil and ask the judge to decide, and if that doesnt work, ask me.

Spider cat is off the list.

Captain Falcon: The real goal is to get the two rounds done with by the end of my winter break, which is January 1st, so thats absolutely do-able as long as you and your opponent stick to the speech times and post your 1ac and 1nc before the end of the week. Also, if there's an odd #, I could give you a bye for one of the two rounds.

One final thing, in response to both YoungGun's post and Firewaters PM to me: I think that its fair to allow people, in rounds 1 and 2, to judge and debate. After rds 1 and 2, people have a better idea of the implication of the debate on themselves, and we'll get more judges, but before hand, i guess that debaters can judge. PM me if you want to judge.

Its 7:00 pm in Seattle right now. Translate that to your own time. I will post round one and two with judge tomorrow at noon my time. 1AC's are free to be posted beginning in the evening tomorrow, and once the 1AC is posted, the time starts.

Judges for rounds 1 and 2:

YoungGun (only 1 and 2)

Firewater (only 1 and 2)

The X Factor

liampirate

Shree the BS master

thechillsauce (only 1 and 2)

Awesome2N

PM me if you want to judge. Competitors can judge rounds 1 and 2. I dont actually need you to send me a paradigm.

Pairings are going up

Rules:

There is 24 hours between each constructive for posting CX. AFter those 24 hours, the next constructive must be posted. After the 2nc, the 1nr must be posted within 24 hours. After each of the rebuttals, another speech must be posted within 24 hours.

Both teams get 48 hours of prep time each. Once the above allotted 24 hours of time is over with, prep time starts.

When a team is over with prep time, if the speech isn't posted, they loose and get 0 speaks.

Speaks are on a 30 point scale.

Decisions should be PMd to me as soon as they are done, with speaker points for both debaters. This means that, once you have made a decision, even if you want to take a couple more hours to write the RFD you should still send all the stuff to me asap so that we can get the debates rolling.

Judges should be timely with decisions

The above rules still stand.

When you see your pairings, create a thread for your rounds if no one else has yet. The debate starts when the 1AC posts. Timing is described above. If a debater takes more than the 48 hours of prep to post a speech (after the 24 hours they get) then they loose and get 0 speaks. Immediately once a decision has been made, judges should message me the decision and speaker points (out of 30).

Pairings will be up in about 2 minutes

since odd number can i get in?

Yes. BUT NO BODY ELSE!

IMPORTANT: DISREGARD THE ABOVE PAIRINGS. NEW PAIRINGS WITH THE SPECIFIER ARE COMING.

Are we still starting round 2 today too? should we post the 1AC's for that?

It depends on if your opponent wants to, but generally, yes.

ROUND 1

AFF v NEG - Judge

Ethic Of Critical Theory v Mister T debater - Awesome2n

ilovebaudrillard v razorscale2 - Firewater

letsocratesdance v youngGun - Thechillsauce

thechillsauze v firewater - letsocratesdance

captain falcon v thespecifier - shree

Round 2

Mister T debater v letsocratesdance - luminite2

YoungGun v ilovebaudrillard - Awesome2N

Razorscale v captain falcon - The X factor

firewater v ethic of critical theory - thechillsauce

thespecifier v thechillsauze - YoungGun

I will create the threads for you guys. Same rules apply.

Threads have been created for the finalized pairings.

These are the basic rules, once again:

Rules:

There is 24 hours between each constructive for posting CX. AFter those 24 hours, the next constructive must be posted. After the 2nc, the 1nr must be posted within 24 hours. After each of the rebuttals, another speech must be posted within 24 hours.

Both teams get 48 hours of prep time each. Once the above allotted 24 hours of time is over with, prep time starts.

When a team is over with prep time, if the speech isn't posted, they loose and get 0 speaks.

Speaks are on a 30 point scale.

Decisions should be PMd to me as soon as they are done, with speaker points for both debaters. This means that, once you have made a decision, even if you want to take a couple more hours to write the RFD you should still send all the stuff to me asap so that we can get the debates rolling.

Judges should be timely with decisions

The goal is to finish the first two rounds by very early january. The best case scenario is that we get all the ballots PMd to be by January 1st.

If a debater uses more than the 48 hours of prep described above (in addition to the 24 hours they get after each speech), they lose and get 0 speaks, and the judge should email me the ballot asap.

I'm not able to start until Thursday.

Thats fine - just as long as those in your debate know that, and you have good posting times after that.

Hey everyone - Im really happy with the progress the debates are making.

I want to update everyone on the time line we hope to use:

By Wednesday, January 4th, 2012, all rounds 1 and 2 should be complete.

By Saturday, Janurary 7th, 2012, all ballots for rounds 1 and 2 should be PM'd to me unless there is a reasonable excuse.

I have a tournament the weekend of January 6th-7th, but I plan on entering the ballots Sunday morning, and posting round 3 pairings that evening.

PM me if you have any round questions. For all judge's information, if a debater fails to post a speech under the timeline above, or they forfeit the round, please just message me that, and tell me who fft'd/won. The winner's points will just be an average of their other rounds, the looser will recieve a 23 (making it easier for them to get back into the tournament if they choose to). Try not to give below a 25 in speaks if someone actually debates and isn't offensive/rude.

Hey all - Im posting round 3 pairings right here, right now. If one of the two debaters conceded a previous round, I guess we will assume they concede this one as well unless they post here that they arn't conceding round 3.

AFF v NEG - Judge

Captain Falcon v ilovebaudrillard - Awesome2N

Ethicofcritical theory v thechillsauce - Shree

Mister T debater v firewater - The X Factor

Razorscale v letsocratesdance - liampirate

Thespecifier v YoungGun - Luminite2

Since most of us are done with break, if you want to start now, post the thread yourself, otherwise, ill post other threads and PM judges this weekend when im done with a debate tournament

Hey all - Im posting round 3 pairings right here, right now. If one of the two debaters conceded a previous round, I guess we will assume they concede this one as well unless they post here that they arn't conceding round 3.

AFF v NEG - Judge

Captain Falcon v ilovebaudrillard - Awesome2N

Ethicofcritical theory v thechillsauce - Shree

Mister T debater v firewater - The X Factor

Razorscale v letsocratesdance - liampirate

Thespecifier v YoungGun - Luminite2

Since most of us are done with break, if you want to start now, post the thread yourself, otherwise, ill post other threads and PM judges this weekend when im done with a debate tournament

Didn't ethicofcriticaltheory concede? Same with letsocratesdance.