Sign in to follow this  
Hailie Johnson

Space Bears

So my partner was judging at a novice tourney and said he saw someone run a space bears aff, I dont have many specifics besides that the satellites we were sending to space were angering these space bears and that their claws rip through metal like butter. anyone else heard of this?

I think it might be an FX T case that's sort of sensible, if not very.

There's a card out there that says bears are the key to space colonization because studying the fat mechanisms they use during hibernation is the only way we'll figure out how to cyrogenically freeze people without killing them, which is necessary if they're traveling light years away. The card is actually better than it sounds. I'm pretty sure it was used at NFLs on the energy topic by that team which read a whirlpool generator affirmative with the advantage of saving salmons from death by dams.

Also I'm pretty sure that if the case is putting bears into space then it's an end unto itself. That is really cool and is definitely worth the cost in political capital from Obama and actual capital from the government. Even if there was a nuke war, life would still survive because there would be bears in space, which would be good. That could probably even be an add on advantage or something. And also it accesses speciesism because we sometimes send monkeys and people into space but we've never sent bears. This case = can't lose.

But the stuff about metal claws is neat too, because then the space bears could rip through our nuclear bunkers. Maybe the case could argue that there's going to be a nuclear war but that the Russians would survive because they have super bunkers (which is totally legit because I think there's a NYQUIST card that says so) and that the space bears are a threat to the bunkers because they'd rip through the bunkers like hot butter. Except the Russians don't have many satellites that work well so I don't know how this would work. That is why I like the other case better. Space bears should also go in space and not here.

EDIT: But MAYBE we could argue that the space bears will help the Russians because the Russians don't use many good satellites and so they'd be friends. The advatnages would be hegemony, economy, and communism. And Russia is called a bear so they are natural allies. And also then the bears would team up and betray Russia, and so then extinction. except the bears would be alive.

will post more thoughts later

Edited by Chaos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay. The space bears argument is an argument BOISE IS WRITTING THEMSELVES. They made a tumblr and forged their own evidence and are using it in round.

Okay. The space bears argument is an argument BOISE IS WRITTING THEMSELVES. They made a tumblr and forged their own evidence and are using it in round.

that just shows dedication to the cause. space bears is an important issue that should be talked about no matter what. it's really at the core of the topic. also if we don't learn about space bears it will probably cause extinction which makes the affirmative even more important.

also i totally give them permission to use this as a card on T, provided that they make this my qualifications:

Chaos, master of the galaxy, 2K posts on cross-x.com, incredibly intelligent, even more modest

i'll write more cards for them too, if they ask. if you're listening, just tell me what you want.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

thats exactly what i needed to know. thanks

I think it might be an FX T case that's sort of sensible, if not very.

There's a card out there that says bears are the key to space colonization because studying the fat mechanisms they use during hibernation is the only way we'll figure out how to cyrogenically freeze people without killing them, which is necessary if they're traveling light years away. The card is actually better than it sounds. I'm pretty sure it was used at NFLs on the energy topic by that team which read a whirlpool generator affirmative with the advantage of saving salmons from death by dams.

Also I'm pretty sure that if the case is putting bears into space then it's an end unto itself. That is really cool and is definitely worth the cost in political capital from Obama and actual capital from the government. Even if there was a nuke war, life would still survive because there would be bears in space, which would be good. That could probably even be an add on advantage or something. And also it accesses speciesism because we sometimes send monkeys and people into space but we've never sent bears. This case = can't lose.

But the stuff about metal claws is neat too, because then the space bears could rip through our nuclear bunkers. Maybe the case could argue that there's going to be a nuclear war but that the Russians would survive because they have super bunkers (which is totally legit because I think there's a NYQUIST card that says so) and that the space bears are a threat to the bunkers because they'd rip through the bunkers like hot butter. Except the Russians don't have many satellites that work well so I don't know how this would work. That is why I like the other case better. Space bears should also go in space and not here.

EDIT: But MAYBE we could argue that the space bears will help the Russians because the Russians don't use many good satellites and so they'd be friends. The advatnages would be hegemony, economy, and communism. And Russia is called a bear so they are natural allies. And also then the bears would team up and betray Russia, and so then extinction. except the bears would be alive.

will post more thoughts later

Well played, sir, well played.

Sign in to follow this