Sign in to follow this  
bass.debater

How to make a book into evidence

I never learned how to take a book and turn certain text in it into evidence. If someone could tell me the general steps here to cut a book into evidence that would be awesome.

its really not to difficult, just cut (or retype) the text from the book into a card, make your own tag, and get the author and date in there (and name of the book, etc). hope thats helpful :)

The key thing to remember when doing this is to make sure you cut an entire paragraph (dont edit out lines/sentences from a paragraph) from the evidence.

A complete paragraph is generally the minimum unit you can cut for evidence if you want to sidestep integrity issues.

1) Pick a good book. It helps at the beginning if you pick a book that is known to be filled with great evidence. This makes the practice far, far more

2) Make a symbol system. I use a combination of brackets and stars and quick side notations which give me an idea about what the evidence is about

3) Create a citation (you can get about 15 on a page).

4) OCR the book

5) Tag & insert quotes

6) Re-fine and organize

I hope this helps. Happy card cutting...